cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC to GTS: Data Transfer via PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we have a customer scenario where master and transactional data needs to be transferred from ECC to GTS. Usually this is done via ALE distribution and RFC calls as far as my understanding is. However, we have the requirement to use SAP PI in between. Is this technically possible? If yes, are there any guides? If no, why not?

Thanks a lot and Best Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Yes, the GTS Configuration Guide is available in the Service Marketplace.  When you find it, you should ignore the part about "Reduced Messages", but everthing else regarding Master Data transfer is reasonable.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. However I know the Master Guides and nothing is mentioned that integration between ECC and GTS can also be realized via middleware (PI), only direct connections are described (RFC). So my question is if anybody has experience with the integration of both systems with PI, not direct.

If i haven't found the correct section in the master guides, please let me know.

Thanks and Best Regards

Harald

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I'm sorry - I misread your question.  I thought you were referring to the GTS "Plug-In" (PI), but now I realise that you are talking about the middleware product formerly known as 'XI'.

I don't think it will be easily possible, because there are no ALE (iDoc) interfaces available for the GTS Master Data.  I would also be surprised if anyone else has tried it, since there is no need to do so when the RFC interfaces are so conveniently available.

If your architecture team insist on using PI, then you will need to develop your own Function Modules (with Process Codes) so create and update the Master Data tables from the distributed iDocs.  Good luck, in that case!

Regards,

Dave