cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS CV04N Authorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

User is facing issue while using CV04N transaction in Production Server. User use the CV04N transaction to view some specific document types. He enters Document Description or Document Type & just Execute (Press F8 key). Then he double click on any of the document number. So system should open the DMS/DIR in CV03N transaction.

But instead system is going in CV01N transaction & gives the error message "You are not authorized to create document with document type xxx".

I have checked the users authorization roles & found perfectly okay.There is no issue in Authorization or any object missing. He have only display DMS roles assigned to his user ID & previously it was working properly. This issue is started suddenly. Other users having same authorization working properly without any issue.

I have uninstall his SAP log in pad & again re-install with latest patch, but still issue persist.

Could you plz let me know what could be the issue?

Thanks

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue has been resolved.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

it is great to hear that the issue got solved in the meantime but for the whole community it would be good to know how it was solved. Because then your information could help a lot more users to avoid this kind of issue.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Initially I have checked the users authorization & roles assigned to his user ID. It was correct. Then I removed all DMS roles assigned to his user ID. Create a new role of display for only one document type & assigned to his user ID. But the problem was still there.

Then I just take his user ID & password. Go to CV04N transaction & I just Reset the Varient user was using & issue has been resolved successfully.

Another user also had same issue & I have solved it in same way.

Thanks

Pravin

Answers (0)