cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODM: Update error, database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a PO collaboration scenario where I am facing a error saying ODM: Update error.

My system landscape is AFS(6.0)->PI->SCM(7.0)

After posting the PO from AFS the xml message is available in SCM. But while processing the msg in SCM it's showing the error as shown below.

Please note:

1. The time stamp is local

2. The validation is successful

3. Workorder is not configured

4. Finally after all the process is successful it's showing error while updating the PO info in ODM.

As per my understanding workorder non-configuration should not be the reason.

Request experts to please suggest where am I doing wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Praty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shekhar_gupta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

Is the same PO being updated frequently?

I have seen this error for PO Confirmations. In our case, confirmation were send very frequently via EDI causing the locking issues and such failures.

On restarting, the same messages were processed successfully later.

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

My case is bit different then yours. The PO was not updated/changed frequently.

It seems some kind of compatibility issue as AFS PO contains some extra info than normal POs.

Are you working on AFS-SNC scenario?

Regards

Praaty

shekhar_gupta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Praaty,

In that case, check for sap note or raise a OSS Message.

No, i am not working in AFS-SNC scenario?

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Now the issue is resolved after regenerating ODM step by step. I mean to say first components, then data type and then data area.

Finally the PO is reflecting in SNC. But I want to mention one thing is some ODM data areas are still showing yellow light.

Thanks & Regards

Praaty

nuane_mazzarino
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusa,

Firstly, I would check transaction /SCMB/ODM_CHECK, in order to see if there are any issues there.

Regards,

Nuane Mazzarino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuane,

There was few issues with ODM due to client copy. Now the ODM is check is done and fine.

While checking all Order data area are with warning (yellow) as shown below.

As they are in warning state so I continued restarting the xml msg but still no benefit.

Can you please suggest anything.

Thanks & Regards

Praty

nuane_mazzarino
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praty,

Check note 1547672. Notes 1455420 and 1169574 are also relevant for this.

Regards,

Nuane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuane,

Thank you for your suggestions. I think I have figured out the reason for this error.

As I have mentioned the PO is created from AFS system. As the PO contains some information like grid values, stock category etc in PO the SNC system is not able to process the XML message properly.

While analysing the XML message I found some customization is made to standard Idoc type (orders05) to carry the extra info like grid values and stock category. so for these extra info the XML message contains some new Z-tags. Which abends the SNC system to write ODM values.

If you have worked on AFS-SNC system landscape then can you please let me know the versions of server?

I am using-

SNC-7.0 level-2 version

AFS- 6.03 level-4

Thanks & Regards

Praty