Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope Host Adapter keeps failing

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I'm currently facing a nasty issue during one of the steps of the Managed System Configuration in Solution Manager.

In the Managed System Configuration I'm trying to add a java only (7.31) system, but the step "Introscope Host Adapter" in phase "Configure Automatically" keeps failing with below error.

On instance : <java host>/J20

Wilyhost Agent configuration finished without errors, but on Enterprise Manager (<Wily host>:6001) no Wilyhost Agent was detected from host <java host>. Please check the log file jvm_smdagent.out whether the Wilyhost Agent could connect to the Enterprise Manager. If the Enterprise Manager configuration has been changed recently please restart the SMD Agent on OS level.

jvm_smdagent.out doesn't show a single warning or error, only INFO and everything looks good!

When I check Wily Enterprise Manager, I see the metrics for all components working properly.

I'm running Solution Manager 7.1 SP8 with LM-SERVICE 7.10.8.1

Wily Enterprise Manager 9.1.0.2, SAP management modules have been installed, bytecode agent also 9.1.0.2

When I check the system settings, all looks good.. The predecessor steps in the managed system configuration all finished with a green status.

Who can help me solving this issue that is giving me a terrible headache! 🙂

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Did you already have a look at OSS notes 1669789 and 1611483?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your reply!

The guides attached to note 1611483 are very helpfull.

When I check log e2edcc.2.log, I see the following error:

May 16, 2013 5:03:55 PM [Thread[ExRun:OutsideDiscovery_1,5,OutsideDiscovery:ExecTG]] Error      [PhysicalHostPushJob:readSapOsColData] Exception while initializing SAPOsCol WebService client.

[EXCEPTION]

javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Timeout waiting for saposcol answer.

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.buildFaultException(MimeHttpBinding.java:747)

When checking the SAPLOCALHOSTFULL parameter in the instance profile of the java stack, it's set correctly. This parameter has not been set into the instance profile of the diagnostics agent. Should it be set there as well?

Kind regards,

Mark

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

It is always a good idea to set the FQDN on the java side.

Please do set it and see if it helps.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have set the FQDN for both the java instance as the SMD agent, but it's still not shown correctly.

Also found and implemented this note, Note 1626853 - SolutionManager7.1 - Outside Discovery FQDN Customization

But the issue persists....

Kr. Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Can you please check whether below parameter with given values is maintained in host agent profile

service/porttypes = SAPHostControl NwaManagement SAPCCMS SAPOscol,

If the parameter is not maintained, please maintain it and restart host and diag agent and try again.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Only property NwaManagement was missing. I have added that one to the service/porttypes and restarted the agent, but still the same result.

Kr. Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

How have you been?

Is your SMD agent connected properly?

You can check if it's visible in Agent Admin.

I assume you've restarted the agents (host and smd) already?

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

follow the check list here

SAP Community Network Wiki - SAP Solution Manager Setup - Managed_System_Checklist

One of the common thing, we all miss to establish trusted connection between host agent and smd agent

SAP Community Network Wiki - SAP Solution Manager Setup - Establish trusted connection

It is must do activity.

Thanks

Jansi

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Except for this issue I'm doing fine!

The agent is connected/registered properly. Only green traffic lights.

I have restarted the SMD agent and the saphostagent at least 50 times already...

Cheers!

Mark

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

All items of the "Managed System Checklist" are fulfilled.

Also the trust between the saphostagent and the SMD agent is setup correctly.

service/admin_users = daaadm

SMD is running with SID DAA.

What I notice is that my saposcol process dumps once in a while with a core dump..

I just patched to the latest saphostagent, but the oscollector keeps dumping after 5 to 10 minutes.

Will have to sort this out first.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Did you (or anyone else) recently make some adjustments in the introscope infrastructure?

I.e. upgrade EM from 8 to 9, moved to a different host?

Regards,

David

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes, the Wily EM has been moved to another server, downgraded to version 8, upgraded again to version 9, and so on..

This system is still in the initial setup, so it has never worked before. I have tried several things to drill down the issue, but still without any substantial progress...

All checks are green, except this one. It keeps failing with below error:

On instance : <java host>/J20

Created destination SapHostAgent_<java host>

Created destination SapStartSrv_<java host>_SID_20

Created destination SID_J20_server0

Created action SAP OsCol - SapHostAgent_<java host>

Created action SID|<java host>_SID_20 - SapStartSrv_<java host>_SID_20

Created action SAP GC|SID_J20_server0 - SAP GC|SID_J20_server0

Created 3 action(s).

0 Wilyhost Agent(s) from host <java host> are connected to the EM.

Wilyhost Agent configuration finished without errors, but on Enterprise Manager (bigz-suse:6001) no Wilyhost Agent was detected from host <java host>. Please check the log file jvm_smdagent.out whether the Wilyhost Agent could connect to the Enterprise Manager. If the Enterprise Manager configuration has been changed recently please restart the SMD Agent on OS level.

Kr. Mark

francois_keen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

1 or 2 years ago, i couldnt get the introscope host agent to work as well, and the cause was the saposcol itself. SAP had to work with the server vendor to deliver a new saposcol version which would be compatible.

With your saposcol dumping [and because you are already on the latest saphost agent level] i think you dont have much choice but to open an OSS message to get a fix for your saposcol. The sad news is it took a very long time to get a fix as they didnt have a place to reproduce the error, i.e. I had to test and reject several beta versions.

Cheers

Francois

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your reply!

I managed to fix the saposcol issue, by downgrading saposcol to a lower version.

For another system that I'm trying to add, I'm getting the exact same errors during the registration of the Introscope Host Adapter..

I think I'm going to delete the entire configuration and start from scratch.

Kr. Mark

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, I finally managed to pass this check by deleting the entire configuration and start from scratch.. Usually I don't like this approach, but this time I had no other choice..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know it is a little late ,but my issue was the same.

Restarting the diagnostic agent in SAP MMC solved the problem.

Kind Regards

Asım

0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem by following steps mentioned below:

1. Update host_profile and put SAPOscol at the end in line service/porttypes as shown below:

service/porttypes = SAPHostControl SAPCCMS SAPOscol

2. Restart SMD Agent.

3. Restart Host Agent

4. Restart Wily IE agent on the host where its running (e.g. Solution Manager host).

5. execute the step "Introscope Host Adapter" again.

Cheers,

Vishal Ranjan