cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration

0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I added a new characteristics to my existing Class XYZ , Class type 001, and i maintained the new value as a Default option.

This is working for new material creation, but the default value is not coming up for the existing materials.

Is there any program to update the new characteristics or what do i need to do if i want the new value to be execute for all the old materials assigned with this XYZ class.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Manick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manick,

To my knowledge, there isn't a standard program that will allow the material configuration update further to a change in the characteristics.

One possible solution could be to write your own custom program to achieve this (for instance, making use of BDC for transaction code MM02).

Hope this could help.

Bye,

Flavio

0 Kudos

Thanks Flavio for your reply.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

there is t-code CLMM through which we can update materials on mass for a particular characteristics value. rather than looking for program update or something like that.

Thanks

Manick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manickavasagam,

I think for Variant Configuration Class Type should be 300, Correct me if I am wrong. also create material with Material Type KMAT and assign class to configuration profile at CU41.

Regards,

Varun

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check whether you created the old materials KAMT Material type and any settings made at item category Group.

Shiva

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

If the line items are having different tax codes then the accounting document also shows 2 different tax codes both at line items and Taxes. But, in case of OP's issue, he has one tax code at line item and another tax codes at taxes which is unusual.

See the screenshot from my system.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I think by mistake you have posted other Posting thread for this issue.

Shiva