cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle user de-provisioning process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are looking for solution to handle the case when user leaves the organization.

Can anybody suggest how to automate the user de-provisioning process? How can CLM system be aware automatically that a user needs to be inactive now onwards?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Saloni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

If the user provisioning is being done automatically in the application through the schedule task import of the user accounts csv file, you could possibly automate the de-provisioning process as well.

For a customer I did implement a similar solution. The user account csv file was sourced from the HR database in the required file format and processed on a night basis through schedule task. In the same file, the "INACTIVE" column value was being set to "TRUE" when the user leaves the organization. After processing the user accounts file, the account will be marked as inactive.

Let me know, if you need any additional information.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

Thanks for the reply. As per my understanding from your message, we need to import the user account csv file from HR database/ECC system via schedule task. And then process the file at CLM application. Can you please give more detail on how to process user account csv file at CLM level?

Regards,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

You will have to provide the file format of the user account object to the data source of user information which could be your HR system in this case. Once the file is created with all the necessary values, the file can be uploaded into CLM using Schedule Task based on your requirements.

Key items for implementing the automation is

- obtain user account object csv file from HR in the expected format, using a file drop method into the folder in CLM application server, ../upload

- process the file using standard schedule task.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Parankush

so that the data values for user accounts can be created in that file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

Thanks for your inputs.

Do I need to write script for processing and use in Schedule Tasks?

Regards,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

Schedule Tasks are standard functionality provided in the tool. Navigate to Set up --> System Set up --> Schedule Tasks -->Create a new for Data Import Monitor. Refer to the Configuration guide for additional details on setting up a Schedule Task.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

Thanks alot for your inputs.

Regards,

Saloni

Answers (0)