cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing plan for proforma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an order related proforma invoice scenario. The sale order has a billing plan. There are 3 plans in a sale order. The billing block is also set.

But when I process the proforma inoice all the lines are displaying in the invoice and once i save 3 invlices get created. Kindly help me on the same to block this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Check if the billing block is assigned to the proforma billing type. If not then assign the billing block to the billing type and then try creating a proforma invoice for that sales order.

Path:

IMG>Sales and Distribution>Billing>Billing Documents>Define Blocking Reason for Billing Documents

Assign blocking reason  to billing types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The blocking reason is assigned to the billing  type now. But still the issue is same.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

I hope that the billing block (now) assigned to your proforma billing type, is the same as that in your order. Please check this.

Create a new order and then try to create the proforma billing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes the billing block assigned is same as that in the order. Its not working for the new sale order aswell.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have said,If the Positive/Negative Field is having Zero then Billing Block is not working .

Note : Remove copying and maintain again copying control with that field not with zero then it will work .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

I have said,If the Positive/Negative Field is having Zero then Billing Block is not working .

What you have said is incorrect!

There are two different concepts we are discussing here:

1. Copy control and field "Postive/Negative quantity" -

If this field is blank, then as many documents can be created, for a particular document.

E.g.

Delivery has 20EA

Billing document can only be created for 20EA (not more)

But with this field = Blank or Zero.

Billing documents can be created endlessly! (for 200EA, 2000EA etc.)

2. Blocking Billing document -

This has nothing to do with copy control (and field "Positive / Negative quantity").

For Delivery > Proforma billing document

The field "Pos/Neg quantity" is greyed out and blank.

But if you have a billing block in the sales order, then proforma can not be created (it would be blocked).

Only the billing block has to be assigned to the Billing type.

Test -

Put one billing block in your sales document (at header level) and check if the proforma billing document is blocked or not.

Please update with your test results.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Just now ,I have tested this with OR and F5 .I have maintained Billing Block .I got this 0000000625 000000 The document is blocked for billing .

F5 settings  doesnt had any value in the Positive/negative quantity field .

Why F5 having Field " Positive/Negative no value ( grayed out ) what is the reason ?

I think ,F5 dooesnt have any accounting entries and also ,it doesnt have any effect on billing doc when you saved Billing doc in VF01 right .

Now,coming to the point is , why this Billing Block is not working with Adithya ?

Adithya ,Where you have maintained Billing Block in Sales Order or in Sales document type in VOV8 ?

Note : 1. One more thing is ,I have maintained Billing block in VOV8 for OR then system is allowing to create Billing ( F5 ) in VF01 .Test it and update here .

2. I have maintained Billing block in Sales Order then It worked .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Note : 1. One more thing is ,I have maintained Billing block in VOV8 for OR then system is allowing to create Billing ( F5 ) in VF01 .Test it and update here .

My test result is different from your above statement.

By setting billing block in the sales document type, the proforma invoice is blocked.

Side comment - A block is a block (i.e. system shall block the creation of a billing document), whether it is coming to the sales order, from the sales document type (VOV8) or it is manually given by the user (at header or item level).

Please check again.

Be sure to have a billing block which is already assigned to your proforma billing type.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sorry ,I was done mistake .Its worked .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Could you try with a normal (standard) sales order*?

Does proforma invoice get created, after having a billing block (at header level / at item level)?

*not with a order with a billing plan.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please have alook into below threads .

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3209924

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1729745

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

I have gone through these threads. But it did not help me to solve. I am able to process the commercial invoice according to plan and the block is working. But in proforma invoice it is not checking for the block.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check in VTFA ,in Item Level Field " Positive and Negative Quantity ",what you have maintained here ( I think,It had Zero Value ) ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is Zero Value. And is non editable

Message was edited by: Adithya talya

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If the Positive/Negative qty Field is Zero then the Source Document is not Blocked which allows you to create several Target Documents ( They all are have "Being processed status ).

Note : This effect / problem is coming from that Field having Zero.It is SAP Standard .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you. But I am not able to change it now. It is always in disabled mode.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

But in My system,it is in editable mode .

Note : In which sever ,you are seeing it ( dev or qlt ) ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is in dev system

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am not sure ,how system is driving with you but check with ABPAer ,is there any user exit used or not .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For few copy control it is editable, but for few its no editable. And there are no any developments done in the server still.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Do one thing ,Please customize new Proforma Billing Type and make it with that Field Positive/Negative Quantity as not with Zero and create again sales order and check .

Thanks,

Naren