cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update vendor using workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have requirement to inactivate around 12000 vendors. I used enterprise workbook to change the status from active to inactive but when i imported workbook it is creating duplicate vendor with inactive status. Can someone please let me know how to make all vendor inactive at a time. And how to update vendor data without creating new record using workbook.

I have given TRUE value for INACTIVE column in the workbook.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

Make sure that value in EXTERNAL_ID column is exactly same as the value that on the Supplier data record. If there are leading zeros, make sure, the leading zeros are included in the import workbook data values as well.

Try that out for first few records first and if it works then update for 12000 records.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Parankush. This vendor updated when i made sure the EXTERNAL_ID is same as in the application.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guvi,

The solution provided by Parankush is very good and it has worked for me.You just need to mention the EXTERNAL_ID and other required data in the template.In this the supplier will be inactivate depending on the external id, I think in your case you are not putting the exact external id because of which it is creating a new supplier.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

I have a workaround for this. For this you will have to create a script, preferably a toolbar script, that you will execute just once. In this script do the following:

• Import the VendorIBeanHomeIfc and use the findAll() method. This will return you a Java list of all the Vendor beans
  • Iterate over this list, take one bean at a time and use the setIsInactive() method to make the bean Inactive.

This will be a performance intensive script so you will have to run it during off-peak hours.

Also, take into consideration the questions that Uday has asked above. There might be a simpler way to achieve this as well.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurvi ,

I too faced a similar issue , Are the Vendors replicated?. Are the vendor ID s starting with zero's  or so?. Have you enabled vendor integration with multi ERP on your system ?...

Thanks

Uday