cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Sales Area while creating Condition records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to implement  check for pricing condition record creation (VK11), that customer is extended to relevant sales area or not

Currently when user creates condition record in VK11, he is able to choose customer from different sales area and then save the condition record.

Regards

SAnjeev Bagaria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is there a way to implement  check for pricing condition record creation (VK11), that customer is extended to relevant sales area or not ?

Before implementing any code by ABAPer  first you need to analyse Questioners .

1. Are you maintaining Condition Record for Customer only one time ( Unique ) ?

2.How your company business wants Pricing ?

Note : Think about  " Condition Record Issue Out put " .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

My first suggestion would be to not go for enhancement / coding but go back to the business and ask the users to be more disciplined (in master data creation w.r.t. creation of condition records)!

Few comments -

Even if (assume) the code has been written; to validate whether a customer is created for a particular sales area.

There could still be cases where condition records are created for customer with sales areas, for which actually condition record was not needed (to be created).

Technically:

Do all condition records (with fields VKORG, VTWEG, SPART) be checked?

That could affect the system performance (depending upon the number of condition records created).

Some tables might have one or two fields from the sales area, e.g. a table with Sales org / Customer; would you check these tables too? and how?

Also, in the AS-IS process, how do users create condition records?

Do they get a piece of paper with the condition records; and that they maintain in VK11? or...

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right TW. I have seen many times functional consultant accepts whatever requirement  business ask with out analysing feasibility options available from process point of view. In SAP functional consultant require to not only mapping business requirement, but  to also  analyse and suggest  business to change in their business process, process design which can help to reduce unnecessary maintainence cost in long run....

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neearj,

There is no second thought on your post. But, in some cases or business scenarios, you have to to enhancement and development. I have a situation where i have to put a check point in VK11 to ensure that the records are perfectly matching with masters datas.

To tell you more, if we don't have this check point then the business may face lot of legal issues. In my experience, few management guys  have been fired. So, business risk also equally important.

Sometimes, I wonder why SAP has not done those validations. May be some other logical reason behind it.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

(From an objective to learn) Could you give more details as to what "extra" condition records when maintained would initial legal issues and why?

To tell you more, if we don't have this check point then the business may face lot of legal issues. In my experience, few management guys  have been fired. So, business risk also equally important.

If a condition record is maintained for a customer, with a sales area (customer not yet extended to that sales area). That condition record would remain unused!

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Its big issue which requires considerable time to explain. But, will try to explain in nutshell.

In India when Pharama companies sell their products to Government customers, they have to signing a contract mentioning that the price which they are offering is the lowest price ( in other way, they never sold that product less than the price which they are selling now).

In the access sequence, few combinations are material group 1 and customer price groups. As you know, if the material is not belongs to same group also can have the price record same case for customers. ( Material "A" has material group 1 - SCC but, in the VK11 we can maintain CCC for that material. Still, system will accept to create the record).

This will have a problem while creating orders as you know we can change the material group -1 in SO.

Note: In order to achieve above we have used workflow for VK11 and also validation to ensure that material group is same as material master data.

Also, at SO level its not editable.

Finally, what i am trying to say is, at times we have to do lot of enhancements to ensure that business or users are not in risk.

Hope I answered your question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thank you for your post!

Appreciate your effort to share your knowledge and experiences!

This will have a problem while creating orders as you know we can change the material group -1 in SO.

Note: In order to achieve above we have used workflow for VK11 and also validation to ensure that material group is same as material master data.

These requirements might have many complexities and high client "insistence".

My underlying idea is that how far should we (as functional consultant) (probably some of us have been users or seen users at work) go with enhancements in the system to lessen the human errors!

Users should take care that the correct information is fed in to the system!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

Very interesting requirement but unfortunately not possible via standard functionality as rightly said by Sai Krishna Sabnivees. Be informed that you've to go for some enhancement either in BADI SD_COND_SAVE_A where you need to take the help of your ABAPER in order to apply the logic as to check VKORG from KNVV table for the specific customer against which you want to maintain condition record and error will come in case the requirement doesn't meet on saving the condition record. 2nd option i'm giving you is to implement dynamic field check in condition maintenance and for that you've to use Business Transaction Event (BTE) 00503305 Maintain conditions: Field check. T-code for the same is FIBF.Hope the info helps. Thanks and have a nice day.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

As far as I know, we can't have such controls in standard SAP.

2 ways to handle this:

1.Creating Processing status. So, the eventhough you have a record created but, it has to be released by someone who is having approval then only it will be available for orders.

for more info you may check:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1987627

2. Do VK11 level enchantments, to validate the customer sales area and other check points as per requirements.

For the second option you have to take ABAPer help. You can refer below threads for more information.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/235773

http://scn.sap.com/message/1419602

Let us know if you need more information.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

define the authorization objects for each user , based on particular sales area.

maybe it wil help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem when u have sales area in your acess sequence.if u could avoid divison or distribution channel then this issue wont come.

Raneesh C N

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you specify what are the Fields that are selected for Creating condition Records.