cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Asset automatically during Shopping Cart creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on SRM 7.0 SP2 with ECC 6.0 EhP 6 in classic scenario, in sandbox environment for blueprinting.

Our requirement is to create asset automatically during shopping cart creation when user clicks on "Create Asset Master".

With regard to fields required to create Asset, it is needed that the Asset Master Class (AMC) gets defaulted based upon the product category entered. I know this mapping can be maintained in ECC, but in SRM it can be controlled through Org structure attributes. We need a way by which the AMC gets defaulted based upon the product category. A Z table, maybe ??

GL Account & Business Area can be maintained from backend.

Is it possible to default the Asset Description from the line item description ? If yes how ?

Is there a BADI to create asset entry automatically ? What effort of coding shall be required ?

Your inputs are appreciated.
Many Thanks,

PD.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priydarshan,

I hope like you are not using the Shopping cart as a medium to create assets. Only if the data provided in the SC (like Account Assignment, Product category etc..liable for it to be ordered .ie. error free) is right the asset should be created.

In that case you may try using the 'BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI' in SRM and check if the SC is ordered state and then call the BAPI 'BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE' from SRM to ECC to create the asset accordingly.

Hope it helps !!

Regards,

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Catherine,

First of all, thanks so much for taking time to answer my query.

Yes, an asset entry shall be created only for certain product categories which are liable for asset procurement category.
Let me investigate this option and will update here once we finally decide the final approach.

Best,

PD.

Answers (0)