cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process selected rows of tableView using planning function

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I am using a planning function (REPOST) to change the status of VC TableView row from Not approved -> Approved (Status N -> Status Y ).  I have provided a check-box to select the rows to be processed in the planning function. 

After selecting the required rows (check box selected), I am using a button to call a planning function (REPOST) to change the status(first column in the above snapshot) from "N" to "Y".

Filter mentioned (filter2) in above desing filters the rows based on check-box value (rows for which check box is selected).

Still the planning function doesn't consider the filtered rows processing, instead it consider all the rows available in the tableview.  Filter (RSPLAN) selected in the planning function has only one filter (Status Flag = 'N' or 'Y').

Am I missing anything in the planning function / filter definition in RSPLAN or is there any setting is missing in the visual composer model design ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I'm not sure about the BI side. From VC's perspective it seems that the function gets an input of type Record (diamond shaped connector) and not Recordset (Square).

I have notices in other BI functions that some have such an input port that gets a selection criteria (e.g. start date), and return the filtered DB records.

Could it be that the function does not work on your table input at all, but on DB records?

Thanks,

Udi