cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java update Issues for ESR launch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We were getting the following error message while launching ESR and ID of our PI system which is of version 7.3

Error:com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:

Some of my colleagues resolved this Issue by installing different Java versions like Java 6 update 42 , Java 6 update43, Java 6 update 39 etc.

But when I tried to install any one of the Java 6 updates mentioned above it didnt work. At  last the same issue got resolved by installing Java6 update 6 version.

Now the question is even though all of our machines are in the same LAN, accessing same PI server,users have same authorizations and roles, same OS

why it is supporting different Java update versions? how can we know what is the correct Java update?

Regards,

Moorthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have learnbed the hard way and use java 1.5.0_22 and it always works. Everything wokring in PI what a Delight.

I (and with me every PI developer I know) have had the java issues many times. The only guaranteed version where everything works (incl. the hidden features in PI) is 1.5.0_22.

I learned the hard way not to try any other version (also not the 1.6 versions in your email). You might think it works, until you need something that you don't use that often and find out it is not working. At that time it is the most frustrating issue you can encounter, Therefore I do not take the risk

Only when 1.5.0_22 is not working anymore I will try to switch.

I think it is a BIG shame to SAP that they have not been able to get this right for YEARS now.