cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM: USER to restrcit fields to display in EDIT item screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In edit item screen Administrator user able to view (Name,External Id,type,decision point name,BP,Programme) fields... for project manager i want to give access (Name,External id,BP) fileds.

So can you please tell me is there any configuration we need to resstrict particular fields to project manager.

Thanks,

Dhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, standard system only allows to adjust item's field UI properties for user basing on the authorizations provided to him via ACL.

But you can easily fulfill your requirements by using the method ITEM_UI_CONFIG_MODIFY in the BAdI /RPM/ITEM_API. You could add a simple code that would hide necessary fields basing on the combination of user's ACL authorization, PFCG role, HCM organizational assignment or any other additional criteria.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhanu,

Could you check if Note 1742156 covers your requirement?

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for your response.

I have configured some fields to access project manager in poratl (Administration->Custom config->pattern(Dashboard pattern)->Data source(RPM_ITEM_GETLIST-ET_ITEMS)->EDIT Config(ZZ_CUSTOM(here i have saved 5 fields to display if iclick EDIT ITEM link for Project manager link)....

Can you please tell me where we need to map ZZ_CUSTOM pattern to project manager...

Is required any config?

Thanks and regards,

Dhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Clara,

thanks for your response.

i have saved my own pattern to display some fields in Edit item screen for user Project manager. here i have maintained in Portal(Administration->Custom config-.>pattern(Dashboard Pattern)->Data source(RPM_ITEM_GETLIST_ET_ITEMS)->Edit Configuration(ZZ_CUSTOM(here i have saved fields in this pattern).

can you please tell me is where we need to map the ZZ_Custom to Project manageruser)

Is there any Configuration?

Thanks and Regards,

Dhanu

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhanu,

Do you work with SAP Portal /SAP PPM or only with SAP PPM?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

i ll work SAP PPM only...

Do you mean we need to config in SAP Portal?

Can you please tell me what we need to do in SAP Poratl i ll contact them....

Thanks

Dhanu

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhana,

A user have Admin, Write, Read or None authorization for each object. You can configure (if you have implemented OSS 1742156) that a user with Admin authorization can for example edit or display a field and a user with Write authorization cannot display it.

Not sure if this help you:

Regards!!!