cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode of transport & Means of Transport update from ECC to GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have query, currently I am working on GTS Implementation for a Boeing Company.

When generating the Shipment document, the system will automatically generate the Profrorma Invoice in the Background and which will call the GTS Plugin to generate the Custom declaration in the GTS.

Now when we are processing the shipment document, few input missing data elements needs to be updated from Shipment document to GTS document

Eg: Mode of Transport & means of Transport. Unfortunately, due to third party system "XPS" where all the transporation part is going to be mainatined, so we are not having the Mode of Transport & Means of Transport information at shipment document level.

We have only shipment type eg: Truck, Air, Sea

Q. Now how are we going to update the Mode of transport & Means of Transport info from ECC to GTS.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I assume that the proforma is created from an Activity Profile assigned to one of the Shipment statuses?  If so, then the Shipment Type will be recorded in the database at the time the proforma is being transferred to GTS.

In that case, you could write code in BAdI /SAPSLL/IFEX_SD0C_R3 to determine the Mode of Transport from the Shipment Type and populate the MoT field in the GTS transfer structure.

As for the "Means of Transport"; obviously I have no idea where this is coming from.  But if the data is available by the time of the transfer to GTS, you should be able to capture it and populate the relevant field in that same BAdI.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we are using the same Badi to update the Input Missing data elements from ECC to GTS. when processing the shipment document.

Eg: In GTS we have below standard mode of transport keys maintained for SEA

10 SEA,NON-CONTAINERIZED
11 SEA,CONTAINERIZED
12 SEA (BARGE)

and in ECC we have only one shipment type: as 04-Sea

When processing the shipment, we have shipment type as 04-Sea at shipment document level, how will system identify, which GTS Mode of transport with SEA to be updated in customs declaration.

Any identity or any logic you can suggest me, would be great help!

Thanks

kiran

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In order to get the correct data into GTS, you would need to define more detailed entries in ECC, and map them one-for-one in the BAdI.  That's because GTS only contains standard program logic.  Unfortunately even the latest version does not contain magic, or have the ability to work things out for itself .

Regards,

Dave