cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create doc in EASY DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have authorizations to all Doc types in DMS but I am unable to create sub folder/documents in some particular folders.What would be the reason for this.I am unable to trace any issue in SU53 and ST01.When I add Admin authorizations in SAP Properties(Easy DMS),I am able to view and create documents but this doesnot allow other to view the existing documents.Please let me know the tcode where I shoud check for this issue.DO I miss any authorizations for this strange issue.For example I am able to post documents in previous year(Doc type ZYR) but I am Unable to post documents in Current Year folder even though I had authorizations to doc type FOL(folder),Year (ZYR) and all other documents types which are require to create document of any nature.

Please help me out.

Thanks&Regards,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

naresh varma wrote:

I have authorizations to all Doc types in DMS but I am unable to create sub folder/documents in some particular folders.What would be the reason for this.I am unable to trace any issue in SU53 and ST01.When I add Admin authorizations in SAP Properties(Easy DMS),I am able to view and create documents but this doesnot allow other to view the existing documents.

when you add the ADMIN ACl permission for your created documents then other user are not able to work with these documents because there is no ACL permission maintained for them and so EasyDMS restrict the access to these documents for all other users except you.

For creating documents and folders in EasyDMS please note that it is necessary to have BOM authorizations. Because the folder structure in EasyDMS is a document BOM in the backend system. So if you create a new document/folder in EasyDMS then the first step is the document info record creation but the second mandatory step is to create a new BOM (when creating a folder) or to change an existing BOM (when creating a document). Therefor the user needs permission to create or change BOMs.

However as you wrote that you are not able to create documents/folders in specific EasyDMS folders I think that this is more or less due to existing ACL permissions. For further information please see the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41996. For checking if there is an ACL existing for a document info record you can use also table DMS_GUID in the backend system.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

When I add Admin authorizations in SAP Properties(Easy DMS),I am able to view and create documents but this doesnot allow other to view the existing documents.

You need to check-in the document in to the content respository so that it can be viewed by other authorized users. Currently the document is local to your machine as it is not checked in.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply.The check in option has been setup in such way that it will be checked in automatically when I create the document.I have verified the document creation again but it didnt solve my issue.

Thanks&Regards,

Venkat