Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong payroll area read in travel expenses report

emiliabrzosko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While settling travel expenses report, the system is reading a payroll area of the employee at the hiring date, instead of the one at the date of the trip.

Does anyone have some suggestion on how to change it?

Regards,

Emilia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Emilia

I guess you are getting an error such as Earliest personal retro active accounting date is before hire date or similar? Starting 604 the check is made on  p0003-prtev (see note 1304900 for more info) so probably a good place to start to check if this date is in conflict with the hiring date?

The "the dates in Earl.pers RA date and/or Earl pers" should not be earlier than the hiring date of the employee otherwise you cannot settle a trip if using the payroll area to settle it.

Let me know though if different error here.

Sally

emiliabrzosko
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Sally,

Thank you for your response. And excuse my delay in answer, holidays time

The Earliest personal retro active accounting date OK, it´s set same as hiring date.

I am not getting the error you´ve mentioned. It is not possible to settle this employee expense report, because the PY area is marked as "not relevant for payroll" and this is the message I´m getting. And indeed, this was his area at the hiring date, but it has changed after and at the trip dates it is different, "normal" so to say. This way I realized it is reading the PY area at the hiring date most probably, instead of the one at the trip dates.

If it´s not the p0003 issue, do you have other suggestion?

Thanks!

Emilia

0 Kudos

Can you post the exact error (with the error message text and message number)

emiliabrzosko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Please find below the info you´ve asked. The moment I´m getting it, is when trying to settle expenses. The system does not let me to do it, because of the payroll area 99, which is set as not relevant to payrol. But as I said this is not the employee payroll area at the date of the relevant trip..

Thanks & regards

Emilia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved, it was due to IT0003-Earliest MD change & Accounted to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emilia,

The payroll period needs to be updated for PREC, PRFI programs.

You can change it via PA03 tcode.

otherwise you can setup variants in PREC, PRFI with other period and setup some variables in TVARVC table to  update them on periodic basis.

Let me know exact scenario and requirement

Thanks

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am too Getting the same error but while saving the trip. However it allows me to save, approve and settle. For some reason the system is referring to previous payroll area (99) for the employee.

Regards,

Anil.