cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second MPT for SLA Management (SolMan 7.1)

justin_niehues2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

in SAP standard of Solution Manager 7.1 there are only IRT & MPT available for SLA measurement. Our process for Incident Management (SMIN/ZMIN) requires an additional time like MPT which can be interrupted by customer statuses.

In short we need:

IRT

MPT 1

MPT 2

Is there a way to copy MPT and all the stuff related to SLA management? Which adjustment do we have to do? Did anyone face a similar problem?

I would appreciate any hints.

Best regards..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Justin.

If you'll make proper customizing - your MPT % will be stopped when your incident will be on customer's side and recalculated when it will be sent back to processor.

justin_niehues2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

thank you for you quick response..

MPT calculation is working. But our process requires 3 dates for our SLA

1. IRT (Sending mail for acknowledgement - IRT stops)

2. MPT 1 - time for reaction (check priority, possibility to defer the ticket for a while and pause the SLA)

3. MPT 2 - time for error correcting (error correcting, programming, testing the solution etc..)

The standard only delivers 2 dates, IRT and one MPT.. so I need a way to add another date like MPT..

I guess simply adding dates to the date profil will not affect the SLA Management/Escalation.

Best regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin Niehues wrote:

Hi Artem,

thank you for you quick response..

MPT calculation is working. But our process requires 3 dates for our SLA

1. IRT (Sending mail for acknowledgement - IRT stops)

2. MPT 1 - time for reaction (check priority, possibility to defer the ticket for a while and pause the SLA)

3. MPT 2 - time for error correcting (error correcting, programming, testing the solution etc..)

The standard only delivers 2 dates, IRT and one MPT.. so I need a way to add another date like MPT..

I guess simply adding dates to the date profil will not affect the SLA Management/Escalation.

Best regards..

So I think that it is achievable with hard ABAPing, but not with standard customizing

In standart it is simple:

• IRT usage calculation stops just when you set status "In process"
  • SLA calculation starts immediatly after incident creation and doesn't stop when incident is on processor's side (working duration)
  • MPT is not time for a reaction, it is just deadline time (which is updated with customer durations)

Best regards,

Artem

justin_niehues2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Mh okay, just let me explain it a bit more:

• We need 1 Date for reaction - IRT will do the job, so no problem here (just facing one issue: IRT doesnt stop, I guess because there is no status "In process", we're using a complete different status profile with about 30 statuses.. can you tell me how to get the IRT stopped?)
  • We need 2 Dates like MPT, the process requires two deadlines which can be updated with customer durations.. only problem: there's just 1 date for MPT and no possibility to add a second deadline.. As far as I understand it simply adding dates to the date profile will not work, because the system will not recognize the customized "second MPT/deadline" and escalate the SLA (Sending mail, etc..) when it's exceeded..
  • SLA calculation should start after incident creation as normal, but there should be IRT, MPT and the additional "MPT 2", so we have 2 deadlines which can be updated through customer durations..

I hope you can follow the problem..

Thanks and best regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, as I told before, I think it is not possible with standard customizing

Best regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

• Justin Niehues wrote:

Mh okay, just let me explain it a bit more:

• We need 1 Date for reaction - IRT will do the job, so no problem here (just facing one issue: IRT doesnt stop, I guess because there is no status "In process", we're using a complete different status profile with about 30 statuses.. can you tell me how to get the IRT stopped?)
    • We need 2 Dates like MPT, the process requires two deadlines which can be updated with customer durations.. only problem: there's just 1 date for MPT and no possibility to add a second deadline.. As far as I understand it simply adding dates to the date profile will not work, because the system will not recognize the customized "second MPT/deadline" and escalate the SLA (Sending mail, etc..) when it's exceeded..
    • SLA calculation should start after incident creation as normal, but there should be IRT, MPT and the additional "MPT 2", so we have 2 deadlines which can be updated through customer durations..

I hope you can follow the problem..

Thanks and best regards..

we also had such issue, but we not made it much critical, we make it done by another transaction type as problem tickets. Here what we done,

Mpt1 which could go for regular tickets,with the high sla guidance, when the incident solved, i would like to go for RCA, which not much prio. in such case my I asked the people to open another ticket on problem category, where i maintain MPT in low level. MPT1 has 2 hrs for high prio, but mp2 has 7to 10 days for a ticket.

We made our strategy like that, we trained our end users too. This is kind of workaround.

But via customization anything is posible. try out.

Regards,

Jansi