cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax re-determination Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am facing a tax re-determination issue, Scenario is there are some goods which were billed in last FY i.e 12-13, that time the tax was 5%, now in current FY it has increased, there are some goods which needs to get returned as they are expired goods. When I am creating a return sales order, it is picking the tax as 5% but when I am trying to create a Cr. memo against it it is picking the current tax amount

I have tried to solve it with VTFA- by changing the "Price category G to "D' but still its not working

Please help me on this issue.

Regards

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avinash,

Is your cr.memo with reference to cr.memo request or original billing document?

If it is via cr. memo request, then in VTAA, change pricing type from sales order to credit memo request to D and similarly in VTFA.  If your reference is original billing document, then maintain the same in VTFF between relevant billing types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna & Himavanth

Thanks for replying, here the scenario is Creating a Return Order for some goods.... this is without any document reference .. as these goods are expired or broken these are been picked from customers in 1 or 2s quantity hence there is no reference. In return order when "service Render Date" is maintained it picks the exact taxes. once I save the order it creates delivery automatically (RO) Once the PGR is done, when I go to billing it gives me the current tax which is the increased one ...

I have tried VTFA , VTAA  Maintained the price category "D".. still the problem exists

Regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Kindly go through the following OSS NOTES 24832 for pricing rules. Once again check that condition type at item level both in return order level and credit memo level by clicking "Display condition record & analysis" icons from which validity dates system picking the record in return order and credit memo as well.

Also check the pricing procedure which you have assigned is same at both the levels.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Generally, SAP considers the service render date for calculating taxes. Please check what its picking up in your order and billing document date.

So, check what its displaying both in your order and billing.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the solution ....

Thanks for the help guys ... Solved it by maintaining the VTFA & VTFL  with Price type - "D" as suggested

Regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

First Check at credit memo request level which tax the system is picking. Also ensure with which document reference you are creating Credit memo request with sale order or billing document. Check the tax amount first at credit memo request level. So that you can analyze how the system is taking the values. If u are creating credit memo request with out any reference system will take current tax amount only. Check and update.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.