cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent uninstall of Crystal Reports 2011 SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anybody been able to do a quiet uninstall from a command line?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was basically losing my mind over this for the past few days since both Crystal Reports 2011 SP4 and Business Objects BI Platform 4.0 Client Tools SP4 both install hundreds of separate .msi's and yet the old and documented way of unattended uninstall (setup.exe /remove=all) was clearly not working.

SURPRISE, someone magically decided you now need to record an uninstall unattended file.

After Crystal Reports 2011 is installed run another "setup.exe -w" pointing to a different filename such as "setup.exe -w C:\uninstall.ini". (Looks like it just starts the ini file with maintenancemode=remove following with all the features).

You can now run an unattended install with "setup.exe -r uninstall.ini".

...Would have been nice if any documentation on this change was available.

edit: Formatting on the response files is all out of whack in these latest products too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone help me out in unistalling SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1 silently. I  have installed application by creating response.ini and not able to find the switch to uninstall SAP crystal reports enterprise 4.1 silently.

Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create a command file containing the following:

Uninstall.cmd

"%~dp0setup.exe" -r "%~dp0response.ini"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks a lot, I created response .ini even for uninstallation and it worked .

Thanks a lot

Is there any command to grey out Help tab or to grey out update now tab. Please help

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if this KBA helps:

1218377 - How to disable the Update Service in Crystal Reports?

If not, please create a new Discussion.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the link explains silent uninstallation thru command prompt.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/CR2011/en/xi4_cr_install_en.pdf

Look into section 1.3.1 and page 8.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It states how to install it silently. However, I am looking for the silent Uninstall. Go to add remove programs does not work for me.