cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send XI alerts to outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SP14. Created Alert categories and alert rules. Implemented all the notes mentioned in SAP note 913858.

We are able to receive alerts to Alert Inbox in RTW. Now We want these alerts to send to email(Outlook).

1) Do we need have CCMS configured for sending XI alerts to email? If yes,

2) How do I know whether we have CCMS configured or not? (Basis would know it, But how do I confirm it)

3) I did go to ALRTCATDEF and then selecting SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION.

I find nothing there. How do I configure SMTP FORWARDING AS XML????

4) I did go to SCOT. But what to configure here???

Information: In ALRTCATDEF, Alert Category -> Fixed Recipients I am maintaning the XI user id.

Thanx

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You dont need to configure the CCMS. You can directly give the mai id (receipents mail-id)

cheers

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navin,

if your requirement is that you want to forward your Alert as Email. This is what you would need to do,

1.Assign the Email Id to the recipient of the Alert in SU01.

2. Go the Alert Inbox of the recipient in RWB , Personalization> Time Independent Delivery>Email.

If SCOT has been configured, for every Alert sent to the Alert Inbox of the user, the Alert Email will now be triggered. Text of the mail will be the Long Text defined in ALRTCATDEF

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh..

Assign the Email Id to the recipient of the Alert in SU01.

I am not finding any field like Recepient of the alert .

Kindly tell me where it is available in su01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure the SMTP node in SCOT with your mail server details...maintain a default domain name(for ex: company.com) in SCOT and also maintain the supported address type(you can put *)....

Then in the configured alert receiver's user id their email id needs to be maintained...with this the alerts will come to the inbox...

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Then we dont need to configure CCMS??

Thanx

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin -

That's right, you don't need CCMS for just XI message-based alerting (i.e. integration engine and adapter engine related message runtime errors) via the rwb alert framework.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jin.

We have configured the SMTP node in SCOT with mail server details and also also maintained the supported address type with *.

Configured alert receivers user id has maintained with their email id in user profile.

We still not getting any e-mails to our email server.

When I look in SCOT with system status, we have "In transit" 7 and "Completed" 3 mails. How do I monitor all these 7 mails?? Is there any delay in these mails to deliver to server??

How do I troubleshoot and know the reason for not receiving emails for error messages for which we are getting alerts to Alert Inbox???

Thanx

Navin

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can chck with ur alert definition. jut a try on deselecting SUPRESS MULTIPLE ALERTS OF THIS RULE

Also u can double click smtp node in scot and process the message....but this is not thw way to go.will keep u posted,

If they are In Transit, then SAP has done all it can do. Its waiting for the email program (Exchange, Sendmail, etc.) to send the message and return acknowledgement that everything went ok. In Transit Means

"Number of send orders that are currently in process outside of the R/3 System, that is, the messages have been transferred to the external nodes by the SAPconnect send process but neither a positive nor a negative status message has been received."