cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Fields in SAP Notification on Reference Object tab

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, I've seen this discursion before however I couldn't see the effective solution. Let me open this case again.

When I'm creating a new PM Notification, we have multiple tabs and some fields is marked as required. When you are on the first screen, the system will warn you that you must still populate fields in other tabs.

It only validates and ask for the fields to be populated when you are in the screen/tab. If you don't go to the specific tab/screen (second one, so on), no check is being done anymore.

Best regards,

Wagner Silva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in the transaction code OIAL, whether the field is set as Required

unless you fill the required field it will not allow you to save the notification

regards,

santosh

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vemuri,

The fields are already set as Required on code OIAL, but the problem is that SAP just don't get to identify the required field if the users don't go to the specific tab where is set this field.

The situation is that when the users creates a Notification, they only completes the required fields on the header and save the Notification. So, the system don't check that others fields on other screens is also required. It will only force the cupturing if the users actually opens the specific tab/screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some fields which can't be controlled through fields selection option, those fields require some custom development for validation.

So, use exit at the save event of notification.

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maheswaran,

Do you know any kind of user exit that can to do this validation?

Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check user exit QQMA0014.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

When I read this question twice, it seems that this might be a bug?

You are setting fields to be mandatory in standard SAP and the mandatory check only works when you are actually in that tab?
It should not be like that. Did you already had a look on SAP notes?
On which version EHP SP level are you on by the way?

If you want fields to be mandatory which are not in OIAL, then you indeed need custom development like Maheswaran KD mentioned.

wagner_dasilvasilva
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vries,

It has already been solved usins the "Exit QQMA0014".

Wagner.