SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update material from ECC to POSDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am completely new in all related with SAP Retail. My customer is working with SAP Ecc 6.0 and POSDM.

When they does an update for a material, that is to say at mm42 for exameple Reduce the Validity date at Basic Data tab,  or update/remove the EAN-UPC number, it needs this update goes to POSDM and updated the material there too.

I think it has to have a Badi or RFC or something that we need to actívate or customize in order to make those changes.

Can someone give me a manual, link or clue how we can update or do this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Former Member,

You have to get the RFC connection done between SAP Retail and POS DM (BI). Once the RFC connection is successfull, ask your SAP BI expert to extract the Article Master, UOM, Site Master etc from SAP Retail to SAP BI.

After the successful extraction you can automatically see the Articles for the POS transaction without error in POS DM.

Regards,

Vikas

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

former_member189773
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ariadna,

Article/Material master is not maintained in the POSDM system. POSDM is used to evaluate and work on the data that is sent from POS system to the ECC system i.e: The POS Inbound data. POSDM means POS data management.

The master data from ECC to the POS system.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hello Vikram:

Thanks for your reply and for clarifying my mistake. What I wanted to say was POS instead of POSDM. I am sorry for my mistake.

My customer is a retail store and the problem we are facing is the following:

They sells the products and when they decide to do not sell a product anymore (eventhough there are few articules in store), they delete the EAN/UPC field at ECC (T-Code MM42 at Basic Data TAB). However such changes are not being updated at POS, therefore it can continue be sold in POS but when the Idoc arrives to ECC it gets status 51 (error)

So, I think there should be a way to update the changes from ECC to POS, specifically the deletion of EAN/UPC.

Can you give me an orientation, a link from a manual, clues  or some guide to correct this  please?

Thank you very much

Regards

Ari

0 Kudos

Hi Ariadna,

Whatever your client is following is not the proper method, You cannot delete the articles like that. Its a very long process. There is a process called listing, which means an article can be sold in a store. Listing can be done for a certain period of time.once the listing period is over the article is delisted hence the store cannot sell the article.

whenever changes take place in master data, these changes get reflected in the POS, this can be done by activating change pointers in BD50, this gets recorded in the table BDCP2.

Assortment data also flows periodically to each store. Also the deletion process shoudn't be done this way, You need to do it via discontinuation process. then archive it. First logical deletion happens and then physical deletion happens.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Former Member,

You have to get the RFC connection done between SAP Retail and POS DM (BI). Once the RFC connection is successfull, ask your SAP BI expert to extract the Article Master, UOM, Site Master etc from SAP Retail to SAP BI.

After the successful extraction you can automatically see the Articles for the POS transaction without error in POS DM.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hello Vikas:

Thank you very much, for your information. It is good to know that it can be posible through RFC.

But I wrongly wrote POSDM instead of POS. What I want to say was POS.
I appreciate your help
Have a nice day and week end

Regards

Ari

0 Kudos

Hi Ari,

No problem .

You need to delist or discontinue the article in SAP Retail to stop the sale in POS for a particular Site (Store).

Follow the menu path as below for discontinuation in SAP Retail system -

Logistics > Retailing > Master Data > Article Data > Article > Discontinue > Discontinuation Workbench

The following discontinuation types are available in the Discontinuation Workbench:

• Client-wide discontinuation of articles

The article must not be procured from
within or outside the company, and can no longer be sold.

You use client-wide article
discontinuation to archive articles and delete them from the
database.

• Article discontinuation for vendors

The article cannnot be procured from certain vendors for any sites in the company.You can also use this form of discontinuation to discontinue articles for vendors and sites. In this case, an article must no longer be procured from certain vendors for certain sites in a
company.

• Article discontinuation for sites

The article must no longer be procured for certain sites, within or outside the company, nor be sold in the sites.

The system flags discontinued articles for deletion. As a result, certain functions can no longer be used for these articles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a Section as "Technologies" in First IRT of SAP RETAIL BOOK, go through that, it has got all the basic information of integration technologies, Hope it will be helpful on this regard.

Regards
Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should  have the RFC connection between SAP Retail and POSDM system.Then,

For the update you want to activate change pointer in T code bd61 for generally and activate the article ,site....etc related message type. then it automatically update in POSDM system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariadna,

To transfer the data from ECC to POSDM you need to use the TCODE: WPMA (Direct request for POS outbound). If the volume of the data to be transferred  is huge, kindly conatct PI personnel to  setup an RFC and extract the data from ECC. Batch Job Setup can be created for the uploading the data on regular intervals.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please refer below deatils for article discontinuation which SAP has suggseted.....

1. In the Retailing menu, choose one of the following alternatives; (the final menu option you choose (Client-wide, Vendor, Distribution chain, or Assortment) depends on the area of validity for which you want to discontinue the article):
    • Master data ® Article data ® Article ® Discontinue
    • Master data ® Assortment/listing ® Individual article listing ® Discontinue article
  1. Enter the areas of validity for which you want to discontinue the article. If necessary, you can restrict the selection to specific merchandise categories or articles.
  2. Enter the date from which the article is no longer to be purchased or sold.

If you want to execute the discontinuation program in the background, select the Offline checks indicator.

1. Choose one of the following options:
    • Program ® Execute

The system checks whether the articles may be discontinued and displays the result on the screen.  

• Program ® Execute in background

The system checks whether the articles may be discontinued. You can access the result of this check from the Retailing menu by choosing one of the following alternatives:

• Master data ® Article data ® Article ® Discontinue ® Worklist
      • Master data ® Assortment/listing ® Individual article listing ® Discontinue article ® Worklist

You can carry out any follow-up actions that have been proposed, by selecting the relevant entry and choosing Follow-up actions. If you do not want to carry out a particular follow-up action for a selected article, delete the identifier for this follow-up action.  

In the standard R/3 System, one follow-up action at most is assigned to an error message. However, you can develop function modules for customer-specific follow-up actions and include them in Customizing for the Article Master in:

• Define Follow-Up Actions
          • Assign Follow-Up Actions to Error Messages

If, as a result, you have more than one follow-up action for an error message, you can display a list of the possible follow-up actions using the F4 help.  

1. Select the entries to be discontinued and choose Discontinue.

This triggers a workflow that ensures that all errors are eliminated before the article master records are flagged for deletion. For more information, see Articles: Article Discontinuation.

Result

The articles selected are each flagged for deletion for the areas of validity specified and for the discontinuation date specified. As a result, the article may no longer be purchased or sold, and is released for archiving and deletion.