SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM - Budget transfer from one commitment item to another CI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Goods will be procured against one commitment item, fund and fund center, for the same at PR creation level budget is deducted.

If client transfers goods from the procured commitment item to another commitment then budget is getting deducted in the receiver commitment item since I am entering receiver commitment item in MB11 up to this it is ok, but system has add back same amount in the sender commitment item.

Kindly suggest on this..

Regards,

Upendar Singh

12 REPLIES 12

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you don't want the system to reduce consumption on the sender commitment item during this operation, right? In this case, you can define a rule in FMDERIVE playing with 'debit/credit' and 'document type' parameters; thus, deriving a dummy commitment item in case of crediting during goods transfer.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is completly logical. If the sender did not consume the goods but the receiver did, then of course sender would want its budget back. 

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Upendar,

You can also use the Movement Type in FMDERIVE rule conditions to ensure that the inventory GL account (Cr. Account) derives a non-posting commitment item.

Minghong Ji - This may not be logical but we are in Public Sector;-)

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just realized you are using so-called 'Warehouse Concept 4' : Warehouse has own budget - No budget credit with goods issue. Here is the detail on how to configure it (please read 'Settings in Customizing for the concepts' carefully):

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/f0/ca3f50260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your immediate response.

There is no issue with Deduction in Receiver Commitment Item when we do a goods transfer.The issue is Budget in Sender Commitment Item is not getting reversed after Goods is transferred to the Receiver Commitment Item through MB11. Is there a way wherein we can achieve the reversal through configuration. Please suggest.

If not,The workaround -To derive a dummy receiver commitment item at the time of Goods Issue to avoid deduction twice in receiver commitment item and do a Budget Transfer from Receiver Commitment Item to Sender Commitment Item to make the available budget equivalent to Transferred Value in Sender Commitment Item.

Even after doing a transfer(T-Code FMBBC) I don't see a change in value in available amount column in BUDCON Report though there is an increase in Current Budget Column. However I am not able to utilize the current budget at the time of creating Purchase requisition/Purchase Order etc.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Upendar Singh

0 Kudos

Hi,

So, you do want the consumption to be reduced on the sender CI. Please, confirm...

In this case, there is no special configuration: if the FM address is derived correctly on the sender item, then consumption reduction and thus budget availability should be automatic. Id something is wrong with your available budget, try executing FMAVCREINIT in order to initialize AVC ledgers.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks for your reply

So, you do want the consumption to be reduced on the sender CI. Please, confirm...

Consumption has to be booked against the receiver commitment item, and simultaneous the same amount has to add back in the sender commitment item procurement budget.

Id something is wrong with your available budget, try executing FMAVCREINIT in order to initialize AVC ledgers.

There is no issue with above transaction code

My Scenarios as Follows:

For Eg: 

1. For the commitment item A  my annual budget value is Rs. 100, in this I have procured material of 100 kg for worth of 100 and available budget is zero

2. From the available 100 kg material I have consumed material of 80 kg against same commitment item A, and during consumption there is no consumption budget since in FMDERIVE  for 201 movement type and consumption G/L I have assigned a dummy commitment item

Now actual issue is:

3. Now against for the commitment item A  still I have material stock of 20 kg (100 - 80 = Rs. 20), now I am going to consume this 20 kg material against commitment item B, while issuing this 20 kg from A to B in transaction code MB11  we assigned commitment item B for the consumption up to here there is no issue, but this Rs. 20  has to add back to the commitment item A procurement budget because this consumption is happened to different commitment item.     

Regards,

Upendar Singh

0 Kudos

Upendar,

If I understand it correctly, you have a procurement budget and a consumption budget for which you need two commitment items CI A for procurement and CI B for consumption. In addition you need a fund center for stock and other fund centers (and mater data) to represent consumption budgets.

Then when you procure materials ($100) you post to CI A in FC 1. When you consume ($20) you post the issue:

Dr. to CI B in FC 2 $20

Cr. to CI A in FC 1 $20

As Eli said no special rule assigning a dummy commitment item is needed in this scenario.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Dear Shyam,

Can you please clarify the following point

Dr. to CI B in FC 2 $20 --- with this line item there is no issue

Cr. to CI A in FC 1 $20 ---- how system will automatically credits this value to CI A

Regards,

Upendar Singh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check FMIFIIT table for the document generated after MB11. Check the debit and credit side (+/- amounts) and their corresponding FM address. Verify that the addresses are the one that you require. Alternatively, before launching MB11, activate a trace in FMDERIVE and check the FM address for the whole document: both for debit and credit side.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thank you for your immediate reply

Let me test and check.

Regards,

Upendar Singh

0 Kudos

Upendra,

The credit should go back to the Inventory GL Account. Even though this is a balance sheet account it should have a commitment item (CI A) with type 30 if you want the credit to be posted against it in FC1.

Thanks

Shyam