Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class status and object dependencies

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

my problem is this: I have created three charactheristic with CT04, char1 char 2 and char3

In the char2 I have set an object dependency in which I have write as a precondition $SELF.CHAR1 IN ( 'X','Y' ) so char2 apperas only char1 has the values X or Y.

In the char3 I have set an object dependency in which I have write as a precondition $SELF.CHAR1 IN ( 'Z' ) so char3 apperas only char1 has the values Z.

Char 2 and Char 3 have char required because it is right that the system send the alert of not filling so when values are not filled the system inform you that the classification is not complete and the problem is this:

example I set CHAR 1 with value Z, CHAR 3 appears and I enter the value for CHAR3 and for me it is all complete but when I set the classifcation status = 1 released and save the system set again the status to incomplete because it is like miss the values for CHAR2.

how can I save with status release when it is complete for me the classifcation?

Thanks in advance

Ciao

Massimiliano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Massimiliano,

Try with removing the 'Entry required' flag on characteristic CHAR2 and creating a Selection Condition as follows:

SPECIFIED CHAR1 AND CHAR1 IN ('X', 'Y').

Attach the dependency to the characteristic CHAR2.

This should set CHAR2 as entry required when the conditions above are satisfied.

The same shall apply to CHAR3, with related conditions.

Hope this would help.

Bye,

Flavio

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Flavio,

thanks for reply: I have set in according to your suggest but this is the part of problem..Taking off 'required' and only specified SPECIFIED CHAR1 ETC..It is true that I can set now the release status 1 and save in this way but no alert arises...It is how if the instruction SPECIFIED does not generate no alert for the system..For my customer the alert is fundamental because they have chosen the alerts instead mandatory fields to do with user exit.

What do you think?

Thanks again

Ciao

Massimiliano

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ciao Massimiliano,

Well, I think that there shouldn't be any alert from the system, as long as the configuration is complete.

Summarizing, you should have, in each of your CHAR2 and CHAR3 characteristic, the 'Entry required' flag not set and, as far as object dependencies are concerned, the following:

a Precondition to hide the characteristic based on the CHAR1 values,

a Selection Condition for dynamically set the 'Entry required' property in case the characteristic is needed.

With this, based on the CHAR1 value, one of the other two characteristic appears and is ready to be valuated.

Now, if this latter is valuated, configuration is complete and released. No alert.

In case it is not valuated, configuration is incomplete. Alert.

Hopefully it should work. Just let me know if there are still issues with this.

Thank you and ciao,

Flavio

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Flavio,

thanks my scenario is own this: so I have already proceeded to configure the Precondition to hide the characteristics based on the CHAR1 values but I don't know to configure a Selection Condition for dynamically set the 'Entry required' property in case the characteristic is needed...Please suggest how to do and with which code..In char basic data I select the radio button 'Select condition'?..What code must I write and above all in the same char can I to have precondition and select condition?

Please suggest step by step.

Thanks again for the kindness.

Ciao

Massimiliano

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ciao Massimiliano,

You are welcome. It's almost easy, we have to create a new dependency of the type 'Selection condition' (actually, we need one for  characteristic CHAR2 and one for CHAR3, as the code differs).

The dependency Type is set in Dependency Basic Data.

The code should be:

for CHAR2:

SPECIFIED CHAR1 AND CHAR1 IN ( 'X', 'Y' ).

for CHAR3:

SPECIFIED CHAR1 AND CHAR1 EQ 'Z'.

Save and activate the two dependencies.

Now, in the characteristic Basic Data, we need to go to the dependency allocation

and add the new dependency (one in CHAR2, the other in CHAR3) in the list (we will have also the Precondition listed here).

By the way, the flag 'Entry Required' (again in characteristic Basic Data) must not be set.

Hope this will work.

Let me know if there is any issue.

Ciao,

Flavio

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Flavio,

thanks a lot really now it works perfectly.

Bye

Ciao

Massimiliano

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Massimiliano Riva,

Char 2 and Char 3 have char required because it is right that the system send the alert of not filling so when values are not filled the system inform you that the classification is not complete and the problem is this:

can you clearly mention how do you have setup this alert of not filling?

Have yopu made char 2 and char3 mandatory , by ticking entry required field.

as per my understanding even though the characterstic is required one but as it doesnt applied to the configuration sellected, it will not be an error.

reply with some more details.

Thanks

Ritesh

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Ritesh,

first of all thanks for interesting.

Yes I have set the chars 2 and 3 as required (field ATERF) in char master but for me it is OK because my customer wants that the system alerts you if a value required of char2 or char3 is not fullfilled.

Infact when I have not filled a char required from standard the system gives the msg

'

Required characteristic 'Char...' was excluded

Message no. C1809

Diagnosis

A characteristic with the Entry required indicator was hidden, because, for example, a precondition is not fulfilled.

Before you can change the configuration status to released, you must delete the Entry required indicator etc...' Standard behavior such as OSS Note 337262

OK but for example: if I set char1 = X  and in the char2 I have set an object dependency in which I have written as a precondition $SELF.CHAR1 IN ( 'X','Y' ) so char2 appears but also in the char3 I have set an object dependency in which I have written as a precondition $SELF.CHAR1 IN ( 'Z' ) so char3 apperas only char1 has the values Z but in my example it is OK for me the classifcation is completed becuase I fill char2 value, I did not want to let appear char3..But now I want to seet the status of classifcation from 'incomplete' to 'released' and when I save the system resets the status to 'incomplete' because for it char 3 is required (which char3 in my example/scenario it is not necessary..the preconditions were made for this reaon) and sends msg C1809..

Please can you suggest how set status released without msg when one char is not present?

Thanks a lot

Ciao

Massimiliano

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen

Ciao

Massimiliano