cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export both content and context in a single package

0 Kudos

Greetings,

I’m researching if it’s possible/how to export both content and context in a single package/file/delivery unit and import it on a different system in one step.

Our product has stored procedures in our content area package which reference tables we created in the catalog area (input/output table parameters to call the stored procedures). Our tables are not part of the standard CRM/ERP data model and thus not automatically available when connecting to that systems DB.

From what I understand I can export the content area package and reimport it on another system but that doesn’t bring over the input/output tables we created in the catalog area.

TLOGO is essentially a corrective measure that allows you to transport change requests to other systems…I’m definitely not a TLOGO expert but I don’t see this doing what I want.

I could export each input/output SQL table create statement, zip it up and send it with the exported content area package but it sure would be nice to have them as one file/package/delivery unit.

Please let me know if I’m not aware of a tool to export everything in one step and import it in one step.

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

First export the catalog objects (File->Export->Expand SAP HANA Studio ->Catalog Objects)

Choose schema _SYS_BIC, _SYS_BI where output tables or column views are created along with your schema which contains tables to a default location in client server, for example '/usr/sap/HAN/HDBxx/work' .

Now you can check all the objects by using SQL

IMPORT SCAN '/usr/sap/HAN/HDBxx/work';

and then use SQL

SELECT * FROM #IMPORT_SCAN_RESULT;

which display all your objects in above  temporary table  #IMPORT_SCAN_RESULT.

If this lists contains all of your required objects then you can import to the location you require.

Regards

Raj