Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.1 HCM Export To VDS Error

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

System: IDM 7.10.6.9 on SQL 9.00.4035 and HCM ECC 6. (release 604, SP42)

I have all the VDS configuration according to documentation and I followed the HCM use case as well but I'm getting an error in the export.

When running the query for export I get the following error:

The logs show the following:

I have all green lights on my LDAP connection, my RFC connection passes connection tests.

One area I don't see any documentation on is the setup of the attributes except overviews, not much detail. Under the directory service connection, logged in and clicked the modify button and there are no attributes, should there be attributes here?

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Curtis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

It ended up being several things wrong.

The mapping in HRLDAP_map

I was missing an XML file from the installation 

And my mxmc_rt user password was not the one provided by basis.

Thanks for the help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Curtis Fincher wrote:

I have all the VDS configuration according to documentation and I followed the HCM use case as well but I'm getting an error in the export.

When running the query for export I get the following error:

If you have followed the documentation then I would say the two most common problem sources are (like suggested) that VDS is not up and running (quickly tested within the LDAP transaction or any LDAP browser) or typo in any of the attribute mappings in HR-side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

My suggestion is to see directly into the VDS if the configuration is up and running and if it is, check the attributes mapping(check if the fields are matching).

BR,

Simona

ivan_petrov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

This error occurs usually when you have wrong mappings as Simona mentioned above.

Please check all mappings in HCM (Count: 3) and if you have mappings in VDS check them also.

Best regards,

Ivan

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I can see the attributes in the attribute map for the server in HCM but where are the attributes mapped in VDS?

Are they supposed to be under the virtual tree?

The object class on my mapping under the server is named sapidentity. The object class in the VDS under the virtual tree is organization should this be the same?

ivan_petrov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

If you haven't done explicitly  mapping in VDS than there is no such.

BUT for HCM there are more than this mapping you have shown above.

For instance try /HRLDAP_MAP transaction in ABAP.

Best regards,

Ivan