Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Undeploy using SDM - Netweaver 7.0 EHP1

former_member382310
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading our JAVA STACK from NW 7.01 to NW 7.31.

During the process i have an error related to a UsageType ( sap.com/MI  - Mobile) that must be removed since it doesn't exist in NW 7.31.

I've searched around and got information that it should be undeployed using the SDM tool.

The Java Stack is connected to a ABAP Stack and the users come from the R3 environment.

I'm able to connect to the SDM using the master password but i'm unable to undeploy since i always receive this error:

===========================================================================

Undeployment started Wed May 15 17:50:37 BST 2013

Starting Undeployment of tc/mobile/admin/ea

Caught exception during application undeployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineAppOnlineUndeployerImpl.performUndeployment().REMEXC)

Undeployment of tc/mobile/admin/ea finished with Error (Duration 1076ms)

Undeployment ended Wed May 15 17:50:38 BST 2013

I searched and the user that is associated with the SDM is usually the J2EE_ADMIN or Administrator. I don't have an administrator user in the R3 environment but got a J2EE_ADMIN and ADMIN users that i believe that came from the Java Stack. This users already have the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN profile so they should be able to perform the operation. I don't have more ideas of what is wrong with the process.

Any insights?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the roles of the JAVA admin user set in the configtool. That's the one that SDM is using to perform its activities.

former_member382310
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks. This was the problem. The admin user was other than the J2EE_ADMIN and ADMIN.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

Have you checked the admin user in the configtool?

Regards,

Nuno Sousa

former_member382310
Discoverer
0 Kudos

None of the suggestions helped. Using the SDM command line i get the same authorization error.

Checking if another SDM is running on port 50118

java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation.

Regarding the group Administrators, it's not available through the Netweaver User Admin interface. Using the visual administrator i already put ADMIN and J2EE_ADMIN in the Administrators group.

I've compared the profile/role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN to another environment and its equal.

Any other suggestions?

The problem here is without removing this Mobile component from the java stack i'm unable to upgrade my netweaver java stack to 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando

have you tried to undeploy that with telnet connection?

Let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Check that your j2ee_admin profile/roles are properly generated in PFCG in your production client

Also assign the group "Administrators" to userid "admin" through User Management Admin Console  this should resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Johan

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando

Please have a look at the following thread, this should help

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1450430

Best Regards

Marius