cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Notification Task Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a way to automatically trigger task determination without having to click on the GUI status button (function REAK)?  Ideally at the time of saving the notification, custom code is invoked to carry out this function automatically without the need for the user to navigate to the tasks tab and click the button.  Another lesser preferred option would be to carry out the task determination via standalone BAPI/FM call.  I have reviewed the available user exits and cannot find one which seems to have the ability to perform this type of activity.  The closest exit I can find is EXIT_SAPMIWO0_007 though clearly this is the exit used to determine the tasks using custom logic - I effectively need a trigger which would subsequently call this exit to generate the tasks.

Thanks,

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your information, refer link

http://scn.sap.com/message/10130147#10130147

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply although I am working with custom task determination logic and not priority-based task determination as defined in config via the response profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Adam,

May i know if you have found a solution? I am also trying to implement the same thing, to allow task to be autopopulated without clicking the 'task' button.

if you have already found the solution, can you let me know? thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ju Lee,

I never found a solution to the issue.  We ended up going with an alternate approach where the notification is created programatically from a custom transaction.  While there is indeed a BAPI to create notifications, I opted to call IQS4_CREATE_NOTIFICATION since this allows us to apply updates to custom fields appended to QMEL (BAPI_QUALNOT_CREATE cannot be extended to support custom fields without more extensive enhancements to the structure mappings).  In this function, there is a parameter, I_TASK_DET, which invokes task determination.

Regards,

Adam

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm also using IQS4_CREATE_NOTIFICATION BAPI to create QM Notifications.

This BAPI allows to trigger automatic task determination  (parameter I_TASK_DET combined with priority customising).

I would like to trigger this task determination not at notification creation step but for instance when releasing the notification.

I did not find any other BAPI with task determination flag.

I tried to use IQS4_MODIFY_NOTIFICATION and to change the priority (PRIOK) but task determination is not triggered

Any idea ?

Rgds

Gilles