Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with next inspection stage in Quality level

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having a DMR which is having 2 inspection stages(10 & 20). That DMR is assigned to the  inspection plan.

My user is saying that he has assigned next inspection stage as 20 in the quality level of a specific material and vendor combination. But still if a inspection lot is created for that material and vendor combination with 01 origin, the system is picking up 10 stage only. His expectation is that system should pickup inspection stage 20. Is my user's assumption correct.

I am not completely aware of this quality level concept.

Please tell me whether this is a standard functionality or anything is missing in my case.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Skip lot allowed in material master inspection setup

2. Inspection type or lot level for level change in inspection plan

3. Vendor is selected for modification in inspection plan

4. At usage decision is selected in modification rule

If all correct, check entries for certain material from QDQL table.

If there are several, I assume you can find the reason. And delete, if necessary, using QDL2.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several conditions that need to be satisfied for skiping a lot.

first explain the stages in details for DMR applied.

Secondly check the QM view >>Inspection type whether "Skip" is ticked.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for the response.

Actually in my DMR the 10th stage allows skips and 20th stage doesn't have any skips. In the quality level, next inspection stage is mentioned as 20, but still the system is picking up inspection stage 10 while creating new lots and skipping the lots.

My user expectation is that the system should pick up inspection stage 20 and should not skip any lots. Is this a standard behavior if yes why it is not picking up the stage mentioned in the quality level.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

still not clear...Stage 10 has how many inspection lots skipped? & how many should have been skipped?  as per stage 10 defination.

What I mean is ,what number of skips did stage 10 contains against which how many are actually skipped.? give us that details

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Stage 10 has 3000 skips which is currently running. But the user doesn't want this to happen. He don't want the system to skip any lots and the system should directly pickup the inspection stage 20 as he had mentioned it in the quality level.

Hope I am clear now. Please suggest.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Then SAP perfectly running as per design of DMR.This will happen to next 3000 lots as well.

If you forcefully interupt then go to QDL2 t code & forcefully change the stage.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Yes..in our case the user is saying that he has changed the stage in QDL2 to 20. But still it is picking up inspection stage 10 for the upcoming lots.

How is this happening?

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not possible.Ask him to take UD of last Iots & then change the qulaity level from stage 10 to 20 in QDL2.

It has to work if process followed correctly.

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cleared the existing lots and then changed the stage as 20 in the quality level. Still from the next lot it is picking up inspection stage 10 only.

How can i interpret this situation?

Does the inspection stage in the quality level has any impact on the newly created lots?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra