cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification for inspection plan update?

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using multiple specification functionality for customer spec in inspection plan. So we can assign different spec for different customer using dependent char - multiple spec functionality.

Now our business wants the email notification when we assign or delete customer to any inspection plan in material assignment tab? Even through if we do any create/change with customer spec under inspection plan in that case also business wants email notification.

Is it possible? How?

Reply appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you really need to do this, I would suggest a batch job that looks at last changed dates in your various plan tables (PLKO, PLPO, PLMK) and figure out which changes you want to monitor.  Then send the emails out in batch each night.  If you want it more real time, run it every hour.

FF

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should first question, why there is a request for email notification. If e.g. your process of changing master data would be different (e.g. change is approved by business before realization), then you would not need this feature. So: what is the real issue your customer wants to solve with his email-request?

Regards

MH

0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Do you have the engerneering control active on your system?

We do not and so if its simply the assigments table found in the inspection plan records (QP03) I'd say as they are just standard assignment tables its not possible to set up an auto email notification when they are update, (as you may find in the Usaged descsion or results area for example).  These records on our system are also dependent on corresponding batch search and cert profile assignments so if one changes they all change.  None of these have the e-mail function we just communicate changes as part of a business process. i.e. Bill Gates mail

Cheers

Martslad1

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We don't have engineering change control active at Inspection plan level. So as per your comment email workflow not possible at customer number assignmenet at inspection plan. Is that right?

Can we enhance this requirement with custom object? Any BADI or FM?