cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery not getting created after the creation of order!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a critical problem which is related to the Delivery with reference to Sales Order:

As per the scenario end user is creating a sales order O1 with 5 kg of material M1 which is available in specific plant and storage location and then the next day he creates another sales order(urgent) O2 with the same quantity, plant and storage location. Now he is not able to create the delivery (VL01N) for sales order O2 unless or until he changes the order quantity for material M1 from 5 to 0 Kg in the Sales Order O1.

So, as per the above description stock for material M1 is getting reserved after the creation of sales order O1.

i have checked different threads where it was suggested to remove the tick from 'include sales requirements' from the combination 02-Individual requirements-SD Order using T.Code OVZ9 but it didn't helped me.

I also removed the check on Req/Assembly from the Schedule Line using the T. Code VOV6 but it was also not helpful.

when i am creating the Delivery order i am getting the warning message as under.

'No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date'

Message no. VL248

Diagnosis

There are no schedule lines due for the given order item up to the date chosen.

System Response

The system does not create a delivery item for this order item.

Procedure

• Check whether the order item to be delivered contains confirmed schedule lines.

If this is the case, set the selection date further into the future if you still want to create a delivery for this item.

and the error log is displaying the following error.

Order cannot be delivered (see long text)

Message no. VL461

Diagnosis

Possible reasons include:

• The order is blocked for delivery.
  • The order document is incomplete.

Procedure

• Pay attention to any notes that may be recorded in the log.
  • You can display the copying requirements defined for this transaction in Customizing.

Kindly suggest on the above issue and please avoid answering the options which i have already checked (which are mentioned above)

Thanks and Regards,

Ashutosh Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My problem still remains the same, the problem is the delivery date is same as the order date in the schedule line but confirmed quantity is shown as 0 in the schedule line of both the Sales Orders O1 and O2 even though stock is available in the plant.

I followed the suggestion given by DB49 but i am still not able to make the delivery.

Please help me!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Message was edited by: Ashutosh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check weather proposed Delivery date is Market in your sales document type....

Regards

RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhupal Proposed Delivery date is marked in my Sales Document type.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried Back order processing?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not an option Sai, client is not ok with back order processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

My problem still remains the same, the problem is the delivery date is same as the order date in the schedule line but confirmed quantity is shown as 0 in the schedule line of both the Sales Orders O1 and O2 even though stock is available in the plant.

OK, now you are saying that the second order O2 is not confirmed.  You must confirm the order before you deliver it. (run an ATP check).

You are also saying that stock is available for the second order.  I don't know what method you are using to determine this fact, but the ONLY reliable method is to use CO09; try with both checking rule A and checking rule B (I am assuming this is MTS and not MTO).  ATP quantity will tell you how much is available.  You cannot rely on MMBE or MD04, these do not measure ATP quantities. 

Please show us a screenshot of your CO09 and MD04 for this material.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

First of all i would like to thank you for the interest shown in my problem.

I am attaching the screen shots for MD04 and CO09 for you reference. I would also like to mention that the availability check used in this scenario is CH-Batches not 02-Ind. req.

CO09 - Checking Rule: A

CO09 - Checking Rule: B

please suggest if you find any root cause.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

According to the MD04 screen, your sales order is posted against storage location BSR.

According to the CO09 screen, you have 5KG available for ATP, and the both orders are unconfirmed.

You didn't show enough of your CO09 screen to tell me the storage location of your stock.  I will assume it is BSR; please confirm.  If so, you should be able to confirm the second order OR2.  What happens when you perform an ATP check against OR2?  Please post the screenshot of the Availability check screen for OR2.  During the ATP check, select the ATP Quantities button, and post a screenshot of that as well.  Also, during the ATP check, Select the Scope of Check and post a screenshot of that.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes DB49 its correct that BSR is the storage location of stock. I am attaching the screen shot for which you have asked.

ATP Check:

ATP Quantities:

Scope of Check:

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

Your ATP screen shows that the stock is not in storage location BSR.  You can either move the stock to BSR, or change the Sales order to Storage Location PG02.

Best Regards,

DB39

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

pramoddaila94
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In the case i have Observe , If in order Store Location Is wrong or blank ,

then also below eroor show (

Delivery Not created
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks to everyone for efforts made to find the resolution of this issue.

I would like to give special thanks to DB49, who helped me thoroughly for resolving my problem.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

we can create delivery from sales order, only if there is a confirmed quantity in the schedule line of item in sales order,

My concern is, if O2 must be delivered first, maybe you can remove the confirmed quanitty in schedule line O1, we can change the confirmed quantity by running availability check again in O1 , or by using backorder manually.

after then, we run availability check again in O2 to get the confirmed quantity for that order. then later you can create delivery for O2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Fendrianto,

the problem is the confirmed quantity in order O1 is also 0 though material is available in the plant.

regards,

Ashutosh Singh

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe as the user has created the one sales O1 with sales qty 5 kg which has blocked the material available or restricted its use, so now when second order is created the system is not finding any material in Unrestricted stock. If your order O2 is urgent then I suggest go to MB1B and move the material from blocked stock to Unrestricted stock using movement type 343.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

DB49 has very nicely explained what is the reason and how to rectify it. Before doing any changes in OVZ9 ensure that business is completely aware of the changes and its impact. Also, you have to do complete end to end testing.

Have you thought of doing back order processing to allocate the stock to new orders from old orders. This way you can actually ensure that business is not really impacted much.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

I have checked different threads where it was suggested to remove the tick from 'include sales requirements' from the combination 02-Individual requirements-SD Order using T.Code OVZ9 but it didn't helped me.

Your problem is with delivery creation, not sales order creation.  The above solution is irrelevant.  This change will only help you to confirm the second order.  It will also open the door for overcommitments to your customers. 

I will assume that the Availability check in your Material Master is 02.  So, if you wish to be able to create deliveries, even though the stock is committed to other sales order, in OVZ9 you need to change the settings in 02/B; not 02/A.

Making changes to OVZ9 is a substantial change in business processes.  If you don't know about all the implications of ATP changes, I strongly recommend that you test any changes extensively before moving into production.  It is very easy to overcommit your supply to your sales orders if you don't understand what you are doing.

Now he is not able to create the delivery (VL01N) for sales order O2 unless or until he changes the order quantity for material M1 from 5 to 0 Kg in the Sales Order O1.

Even in your current setup, this is not necessary.  All that is required is to perform an availability check against the O1 order, unconfirm the item (select 'Continue'), and then save O1.  This will free up any supply elements that were 'allocated' to the order.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Is your second sales order show confirmed qty in schedule line category? If yes.

Check your material availabilty date in scheduline category, and use that date while creating delivery in VL01N transaction.

Till that you cant create delivery for second sales oder.

Regards

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

Run availability check again for the second sales order item and save after confirmed qty shows up in schedule line. While creating delivery, input selection date a week/10 days after today and delivery will be created. System will carry forward scheduling from material availability date i.e, today.

For second error, check whether you are using the right delivery type. If yes, the item may be blocked for delivery in the sales order. Remove the block and try.

former_member205059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ashuthosh.

please check in your sales order date and mention that date in vl01n intial  screen date prob will be solved

Thanks

Basavaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basavaraj,

this is a basic thing i also know that, if that was the solution i would have not posted my query.

the material is supposed to be delivered on today's date and Schedule Line is also displaying today's date.

Regards,

Ashutosh