cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ITS mobile in LM01 on WEB browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have problem with ITS mobile transaction ZLM01 ( Menu RF) (based on LM01 transaction). If I completely publish service ZLM01, application works OK. But after few minutes of usage we have problem with corrupted text and text on button. After republish and relogon it  works ok.

Some idea where is problem?

Thx for all.

Rado.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rado,

does this corruption occur in all browser clients (e.g. on RF device) or also in desktop IE/Firefox if you check your service in SICF transaction ? If not, it may depend on our client device. Then you need to check your local browser & windows mobile setting.

Does it behave the same on all systems in your landscape (DEV/QUA/PRD) ?

Caching on different layers often may an issue with ITS. On DEV systems no caching at all is needed because object changes should be instantly visible. On PRD, performance is needed due to valid caching.

Please check transaction SITSPMON, tab pages fpr templates. Invalidate caches here and check your service again on your device.

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

This problem is very random. Servis from SICF is generate ok. If I start transaction SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT application works OK. After half day of usage we have problem with corrupted text and text on button. Few times we have situation, that aplication in RF device not work correct, but if I try it in IE browser it works ok. But late was this same problem everywhere. After transaction  SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT it works ok.

We have standard landscape. (DEV, QAS and productive). We are in test phase. Aplication is actuay on DEV and QAS system with the same problem.

System is SAP ECC 6.0 and kernel 700 patch is 338.

Thanks for idea.

Regards,

Rado

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rado,

Is there any way of clearing cache on the Device itself?

I cannot explain why " SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT" has an impact - it should not(as long as no changes where made to the templates); as all this does is publish the templates again to the ITS.

Have you tried the suggestion from Matthias of invalidating the server(ITS Cache)via transaction SITSPMON ?? Does this have the same effect on the handheld as running "SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT" ??

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rado,

SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT does very global things.

To reduce the scope of search, can you invalidate caches in SITSPMON if corruption occurs on RF and check RF again? Also try a reload in IE on RF.

If you use native IE on RF, you can clear caches on RF device also from IE menu.

If it's not a chache issue, we can check if SAP web server provides wrong content or client shows correct content wrong. You can use recorder & trace functions in SICF for your service.

Unfortunately it needs some time to understand how it works.

Please read http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/52/a6863f445f4617e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

for SICF details.

Good luck,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

thx for your answer. I have tried analyze this issue more. I have situation where url for IE works but this same URL from 2D reader application (WaveLink) in handheld  not works correct. After invalidate MIME cache of the ICM it start works ok (in transaction SITSPMON in tab Template&Mime cache).

From time-to-time (if it not works from anywhere) I have to invalidate the template caches for correct this issue. 

Do you have some idea to fix this?

Thanks.

Rado.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rado,

How many templates are cleared from the Cache when you do this action in SITSPMON? Perhap's take note of the templates that you clear and then see what templates are added to the cache again when the service work's on the WaveLink handheld device?

Could it be the case that the template cache is not large enough?

See the SAP NOTE

862162 Integrated ITS, No more HtmlPP-slots; rolling out LRU

Regards.

Oisín

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for help. Problem has been solved with upgrade kernel from 7.00 to 7.20.

After this all is stable.

Regards.

Rado.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rado,

Can you confirm the exact Kernel version you applied?

Might be useful for other SCN members in the future who may come across this thread.

Regards,

Oisín

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Technical detail:

DB: Oracle 10.2.0.2.0

SAP Kernel: 7.20

Patch level 430

System is w/o EHP.

Rado.

Answers (0)