SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate source & target field data in FMDERIVER

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a query regarding rules value addition in FMDERIVER and GMDERIVER. If i enter a cost center in FMDERIVER or any other source field that that has not been created in system , system does nothing to stop addition of such rules value addition to FMDERIVER, for target field that does not exist in system system does show a warning message but system does not show its message number so that i could convert it in to error message. Please guide me how can i validate rules value addition in FMDERIVER & GMDERIVER.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can manage it with BADI_FMDERIVE. With CHECK_DRULE_BEFORE_SAVE or CHECK_DRULE_ENTRY methods.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. For GM: BADI_GMDERIVE.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can manage it with BADI_FMDERIVE. With CHECK_DRULE_BEFORE_SAVE or CHECK_DRULE_ENTRY methods.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. For GM: BADI_GMDERIVE.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Thank you for your reply, another similar issue i am facing in FMDERIVER is that i want to restrict deletion of rules values in FMDERIVER by user. At client there 6 users of FMDERIVER and i want only one of them to be able delete the rules values added earlier, rest of them should be able to add or change the contents only. For this i am testing with F_FICA_KDR and i assigned only 01,02,03 to the user but it is not working , user is still able to delete the FMDERIVER rules values. Please guide.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Atif !

I don't think you can do it by security.

If your users are responsible to changes values, they will delete values too. It's all right. They are responsible for maintaining those tables.

What it can do, in fact I just thought of, is a new dev "Zeta" to validate the scope of the tables, and thus can know when they delete some value. But you can not control what value is deleted, unless you keep a backup prior to z-tables (or at excel in local files).

Do you know the name of these tables, don't you?

If you need a hand, you know where you could find me

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, you can easily put a trace and see what authorization objects are called during FMDERIVE maintenance. Second, I really don't think that any of them are called Again, you can try and manage it via the BADI I gave you.

0 Kudos

Ok let me try it with ABAPER. Thanks for your input .