Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The input text file has header and items as below

abc1,abc2,abc3,abc4,abc5,abc6,abc7,abc8

xyz1,xyz2,xyz3,xyz4,xyz5,xyz6,xyz7,xyz8

I have defined the datatype structure to handle this as:

I have defined the fcc parameters as:

The file is getting picked up successfully from source directory and getting error in RWB-->Comm channel monitoring

in the audit log i see the error as :

Information: Channel File_Sender: Converted completed file content to XML format

Warning: Channel File_Sender: Empty document found -- processing without sending message

Information: File"\\XIFolder\inputfile.txt" deleted after processing.

Thanks,

--Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai - Your key field Name can be anything i.e. no need to change the Key field name "Key" in the channel but Key field value has to be there in the file. This is applicable when you give the parameter ".keyFieldInStructure" as "false".

As per your configuration Header.KeyFieldValue is 1 but in your input file the value is "0001". Please change it accordingly.

Also Data.KeyFieldValue is 2 but i don't see that value in your input file.

You should have key column i.e. a common value for each record type to differentiate to which segment the line belongs to.

If you don't want to change the configuration, change the input file content like this.. it should work.

2,abc2,abc3,abc4,abc5,abc6,abc7,abc8

2,xyz2,xyz3,xyz4,xyz5,xyz6,xyz7,xyz8

Regards,

Hareesh

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sai,

Plz check the structure: here key field must occur in all substructure but you have give "key" which is not in strcture

Key Field Name 

If you specified a variable number of substructures for Recordset Structure, in other words, at least one substructure has the value ‘*’, then the substructures must be identified by the parser from their content. A key field must be set with different constants for the substructures. In this case, you must specify a key field, and the field name must occur in all substructures.

• Specify the Key Field Type to be used to compare the predefined values. This entry is used if the key field name is defined.

Set the parameters for all the specified recordset structures NameA, NameB, and so on in the following table

for more information check :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Regards

GAgan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gagan,

just a simple question.. my client is providing the input file as below

0001 -- its an header line which indicates sequence number

abc1,abc2,abc3,abc4,abc5  -- record1

xyz1,xyz2,xyz3,xyz4,xyz5  -- record2

the above file has one header record and multiple item/data records.

whay type of fcc parameters i need to use.

i dont have an option to insert any key value in the input text file.

please suggest.

Thanks,

-sai

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sai,

plz check this thread same type of  issue and refer grag's answer

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3183128

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

keep "Empty File Handling is Do Not Create Message" in parameter tab page.