Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat rate expense type

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client is proposing to introduce 2 expense types for T&E flat rates for meals/accommodations. As per their idea, the employee has to select either half day flat rate expense type or full day flat rate expense type for requisite number of days. For ex: - For a trip of 3.5 days, there will be 3 line items with full day flat rate expense type and 1 line item for a half day flat rate expense type.  I have heard about configuration nodes “Create Travel Expense Types for Per Diems/Flat Rates” and “Assign Alternative Wage Types to Travel Expense Types Per Diems/Flat Rates”. Other than these 2 configurations, what additional configurations we need to do to meet above requirement. The system is ECC 6.0 Ehp5. You suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Since the solution you want to implement is through expense types with fixed values, you can do as below :

Create two expense types : Full day rate and Half day rate.

Define the fixed amount for the expense types from below path :

Travel Management -> Travel Expenses -> Define maximum rates and default value for expense types.

Here you can provide fixed amounts for the expense types and the amount type will be 'Default Value'.

Other configuration for Wage type - Symbolic account assignment will be same as normal expense type.

Please inform if this works.

Regards,

Siddhesh.

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

Thanks a lot for your response. Have configured both flat rate expense types as you said. Also done with assignment of wage types to flat rate expesne types and symbolic account. When i go to PR05 to test the configuration, i cannot see these 2 flat rate expense types configured in the drop down box. Is there any configuration that i'm missing? Please let me know.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Please check the permissibility of the expense type for the Personnel number you're checking.

The field is in the masterdata of expense type for the Trip Provision variant.

The field name : Exp Ty. Permissibility.

Since it is created as normal expense type only, please check the configuration by comparing with some other expense type - which are apperaing in dropdown.

Regards,

Siddhesh.

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks once again for your response. Now i can see these two expense types in the drop down box in PR05. Now the problem i'm facing is that the default rates that i had set for these two flat rate expense types i.e INR 10 & INR 5 for full day trip and half day trip respectively is not popping up automatically once i enter all details and hit enter.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

The amount should be populated automatically. Can you confirm the amount type is maintained as 'Default Value' and not as warning message. Also, check the other mapping till symbolic accounts.

Regards,

Siddhesh.

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Have maintained following configurations: -

1) Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts - Created 2 expense types for full day and half day

2) Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types - Assigned default/maximum rates with amount type as Default value for both expense types

3) Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts - Assigned both wage types to both expense types (full day and half day)

4) Define Assignment of Wage Type to Symbolic Account - Assigned both wage types to respective symbolic accounts

5) Conversion of Symbolic Account to Expense Account - Assigned both symbolic accounts to a GL account.

Am i missing any other configuration settings which is the reason why default rate set is not popping up in PR05 when i enter all details and hit enter? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

The steps you've mentioned, seems to be enough.

In the step 2) Define maximum rates and Default value for expense types :

- Can you check, if you've added any Trip Country / Trip region- if yes, it'll work only for that Country / Region.

- Check the validity in this step.

- Check the Grouping in this step.

Regards,

Siddhesh.

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thans a lot ..!! This issue is now resolved. I'm able to pop-up the default rate of re-imbursement for both full day as well as half day trip expense type. As you mentioned, i had messed up with settings in configuration node 'Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types'. After rectifying it, the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Answers (0)