SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget consumption period wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want budget consumption based on periods. The budget uploaded for period 1 should be available for consumption only in period 1. Suppose if transactions of period 1 are posted in period 2 with posting date of period 1 then consumption should happen in period 1. Please let me know how to achieve this. We do not use fund. Only fund center and commitment item

Regards,

Insomniac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With only these two FM objects you won't achieve this. You will have to introduce a third one. The standard object for this would be 'budget period' (available as of 6.04 release), but a workaround with 'fund' or some other FM object is also possible.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With only these two FM objects you won't achieve this. You will have to introduce a third one. The standard object for this would be 'budget period' (available as of 6.04 release), but a workaround with 'fund' or some other FM object is also possible.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Standard Distribution key 1 for Equal Distribution for every month.

Create Distribution Key for Each Period with percentage will be equal to 100% for Every Period

and Configure Release Scenario and Release budget on monthly wise from FMMPRELE T.code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Should I activate the 2 business functions related to the budget period or only the first one is enough?

Also is it compulsory to have the fund as FM object in order to use budget period ? Please tell me ?

How to link the budget period to fund center and commitment item.

Regards and thanks for your kindness

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business function in question is PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1. You have to use 'fund' if you want to use 'budget period'. 'Budget period' is not linked to fund centre/commitment item: it's an independent FM object. Your budget will be put on fund centre/commitment item/fund/budget period combination. The derivation of budget period for actual postings could be very simple: just a month from FM posting date.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use one dummy fund and then have 12 budget periods to meet my requirement ?

And should there be derivation rule defined as ?

Or will the system pick based on posting date ?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can defined dummy fund. Derivation rule should derive budget period based on FM posting date. Technically speaking, you can achieve the same result with defining 12 fund sources, but, if you do this, you'll block to yourself potential functional usage of 'fund' object in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

My requrirement is that,

For example,

For the month of May the budget is 1000

and for the month of June the budget is 1000.

The amount should be allowed for usage only during that month. And suppose if 200 is not used in the month of May then it should be carried forward to the month of June which means the budget for the month of June will be 1200. Is this achievable with budget period ? Presently we upload budget for each month and there is no release scenario.

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, why not? You will have just to transfer in the beginning of each month (not carry-forward, but a simple transfer) the residual budget from one budget period to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks a lot for taking time to respond.

I have one query here.

My payment budget is monthly and my commitment budget is yearly. In the sense I upload payment budget every month and want it to be available for consumption during that month alone, which can be achieved by budget period. However my problem is that the commitment budget is uploaded at the beginning of the year and should be available for all periods.

So how to handle this situation.

I have defined the budget period based on posting date. For example, in derivation rule, from 1.1.2013 to 31.1.2013= period 1.

Please help me with this scenario.

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be easily achieved by defining different strategies for deriving control object in AVC for commitment budget, you can always ignore 'budget period' and check the budget on a global level, while for payment budget you can stick to 'full' FM address.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Can you elaborate a bit on this since I have not used derivation strategies for control objects

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You set it up in IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Availability Control - Settings for Availability Control Ledger - Define Derivation Strategy for Control Objects. You can read about this functionality in SPRO help screen or on help.sap.com. It works like the derivation of budget address in budget structure funcitonality: you set up a strategy and the budget will be checked on the level of controlling objects and not on the level of budgetary FM address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I read about it. However I am stuck with how do I make the system check budget only for commitment item and funds center and ignore fund and budget period for commitment budget. I want to define a strategy for the control ledger. I do not want to define a rule wherein I have to provide for the control ledger all possible combinations of fund center and commitment item that the system should check.

I want it to be simple,

Control ledger 9I= fund center and commitment item budget check.

No values to be assigned for these possible combinations of funds center and commitment item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Can you please tell me how to configure the derivation type clear. Since nowhere on help.sap or in the IMG documentation it is mentioned.

It is only mentioned what it does. Please help me as I am not able to find the necessary info on it.