cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default value in Approval Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are using only 1 approval procedure that we configured based on the CHARM 7.1 config guide.

Is it possible to set a default value in the Approval Procedure field so that our users don't need to select from the list as there is only 1 entry anyway.

Thanks,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There's a way to do this in SPRO. (It doesn't seem to be a very elegant solution but if you only have one approval procedure anyway it shouldn't matter)

Go to SPRO - SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide - SAP Solution Manager - Capabilities (Optional) - Change Management - Standard Configuration - Transaction Types - Approval Settings - Define Approval Settings.

On the left, navigate to Define Approval Determination Procedures. Copy the row with SMCR0001, replace it with your approval determination procedure and choose 1 Approval Procedure by Default in the field Choice. Then don't forget to save.

That should hopefully work.

Best wishes, alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried this but it only work properly when the copied SAP approval procedure is used. When I set the approval determination to use the approval procedure that I created (i.e. Z01 based on CHARM 7.1 config guide),  the change manager id was not automatically populated. Any idea why?

Regards,

Tess

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hola Teresita,

To assign the change manager automatically you need to use the Rules Policies (SM_CRM --> Master Data --> Rule Policies

There is several rules, but you need to use the AI_CM_CR_RFC_STE, this is for assign the Change Manager for each steps.  ( You have AI_CM_CR_RFC_PRO to define how assign the Apporval Procedure) .

More info

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/47/cd7aba6147409c93a6e41f7ad74bc6/content.htm

Saludos Teresita

Wences

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teresita,

How works?

Thanks

Wences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Wences.

I just used Alex's suggestion of copying the SAP standard approval.

Regards,

Tess