cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One output type with 2 different transition medium

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can you please kindly help me with such issue.  How can I maintain message control  (for PO) in such way, that for PO output message, system gives me two variants automatically (EDI and External send) as it outlined in pic below.

Even I specified in NACE EF->Output Type -> Processing routines two records for EDI and  External send, still automatically I only get message proposed EDI and if I try to put record with hands system says - Output ZNEU already exists for partner ZZZZZZ. I know it can be done with creating different output types. But is there a way to use just one?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With same output type, you can't achieve automatic determination of output type for 2 different type of transmission medium. Just visualize, using condition technique, can you determine 2 access(key combination) for one condition record. Thus, automatically, not possible. Yes, manually you can achieve the same.

The best solution, would be to use 2 different output type for 2 different transmission medium, keeping output type automatic determination in the desired document.

Thanks, JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member788745
Discoverer
0 Kudos
former_member788745
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I was able to create two transmission meduims for one output type kindly check the image

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your view on the older question. As I understand, you cannot automatically determine 2 different Output Condition Records for the same output type in a transaction. Yes, you can "MANUALLY".process an output type more than in the transaction doc. If you know an alternative way to determine that automatically, please let us know,

Thanks,
JP