Did you mean: 

Creating folder in Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am new to XI and using Step by step screen shots I am handling a Scenario

related to FlatFile2FlatFile .

My doubt is ...

How to create the folder in the XI Server and give the Local path.

In my system Server is not installed .Only my system acting as client.

Especially in creating Sender Communication channel in Integration Directory.

With Regards,

Sagar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

or u can take the help of basis team to have it created in the ftp location which can be used in sender CC.

or check by trying the below steps:

1. login to the ftp location.

2. make use of mkdir command in the ftp location for creation of a file. but u need to check if u got access to do so...for example: ftp> mkdir temp this will create a new folder called temp navigated in thru ftp> cd temp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

My doubt is ...

How to create the folder in the XI Server and give the Local path.

In my system Server is not installed .Only my system acting as client.

To create a floder in XI you should be logged into XI box and create a floder and place our file in that folder give the same path in Fileadapter this is NFS

you use FTP and select your system as FTP

or mount iur drive on Xi box and give the path

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

The file adapter can be used in 2 ways based on its Transport Protocol:

1) FTP

2) NFS

FTP can be installed on on ur machine or any other machine in ur network. U may directly access it using ur Internet Explorer. In the communication channel, u need to provide the IP of the machine and the Folder name. If FTP is installed on ur machine, then also u can access only the FTProot Folder in ur C: for pasting the file.

NFS is the file system of ur XI server. So before using it, u must have enough access to paste a file at XI server file system. While using NFS, u may use any folder path (e.g. D:\InputFolder\InputFile.xml). But keep in mind that this D:\ is the drive of the machine where XI is installed.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Iam assuming that you are struck @ Configuring Sender Communication channel, while giving the FTP Connection Parameters. You need to give path, so that XI can poll the file from that location.

Folder can be created @ server location if you can use any ftp client such as FileZilla.