cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transporting Roadmaps with rmdef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to transport a Roadmap on a 7.1 system and we are getting errors.

The first error is a message that document must have a status of released to be transported. That sounds pretty straight forward, but I can't identify what document it isn't happy about. I've gone to RMAUTH, selected the roadmap, and walked through every entry, checking that they have been releaseed. They have. Is there another place or another way to check?

We also are getting messages about objects that don't have an assigned package. If you find these objects in se10, their object type is Asignment of Attributes to Roadmap Elements (an example is R3TR RMAT 4B9E4BE26AF9003EE10080000AA6E794). Is anyone familiar enough with these to suggest how to assign a package? I can't find them in SE80.

Thanks,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi The problem is that the templates assigned to project ZXYZ_GT120 were created in package $TMP and object in $TMP cannot be trasnported.You have the following options.

Options 1.

For this you w ould need to change the TADIR entry for these objects.(for example using SM30)

There search for the objects (as an example for template ZBYS_AS_DIS_GT120).

PGMID R3TR

OBJECT BMTE

OBJ NAME ZBYS_AS_DIS_GT120

and

PGMID R3TR

OBJECT BMTV

OBJ NAME ZBYS_AS_DIS_GT120*

In the result screen then change the objectdirectoy entry for these objects and assign a transportable Z- or Y-package instead of $TMP You w ill need to do this for all the objects listed.

Option 2.

this can also be done by a report

First make sure that note:

# 1747833 Problems w hile creating Template projects is implemented in your system

Then:

1. Create a program in transaction SE38 in the customer namespace, for example w ith the name ZSOLAR_PROJSTRUCT_UPDATE_DEVC. Create the program as a local object.

2. Open this report then in change mode.

3. Then in the ABAP Editor of SE38 upload the file

"ZSOLAR_PROJSTRUCT_UPDATE_DEVC.txt" w hich is attached to note:

# 968198 into the report using menu:

Utilites -> More Utilites -> Upload/Dow nload -> Upload

4. save and activate the report.

Next make sure that in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for project ZXYZ_GT120

at the 'transp. Request'-tab at field 'Package for Objects' a transportable Z- or Y-package is assigned.

After that please run the created report ZSOLAR_PROJSTRUCT_UPDATE_DEVC and in the selection screen select your project AES_GT20 and execute. This then changes the Tadir entries form $TMP to your package.

Also kindly refer to the folloing SAP Notes:-

Note 924068 - In a roadmap, topics and accelerators are not displayed

Note 1716673 - Roadmap is not transported completely

Note 968198 - Transport query for changes in a local project or roadmap

Also Please see the attached standard SAP Doc for the reference.SolMan_Content_Transferv17.pdf

Thanks

LK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you both!

I finally stumbled across an additional problem. A coworker had created a package and copied the settings from another system. The transport route he specified for the package was valid for the original system, but not the new system. Once I corrected that, the creation of the object directory entries worked as expected.

Many thanks again for Peter and Kanth.

Best regards,

Russ

former_member309188
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Russel.

If you have created the Roadmap and documents in for example $TMP package they are not transportable. You can then create and transport a new package in SE80 ( a Z-package for instance).

Then you must go into the Transport organizer tool. In the Change Object Directory Entries you can assaign the mentioned objects to the new package. After this you should be able to release and transport the Roadmap.

I also get the information pop-up that the documents have to be released in order to be transported, I mostly chooked my head and thought OK, off course....

Regards

/Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for responding.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've done. The problem is the Change Object Directory Entries isn't working, so I'm stuck.

Thanks and regards,

Russ

former_member309188
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi again Russel.

This seems odd, since changing the objects by assign them to another package should work. I do have a document that I have created. I could send it to you as an example, but I then need you mail. If you respond to my mail I can send it to you. But as Kanth responding below, my suggestion was pretty much as suggested in Option 1.

Kind Regards

/Peter

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Russell,

Is there any Impl. Project associated with the roadmap? If yes, may I suggest you to transport the entire project to next system?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Our first step was to transport the project. After importing it in the new system we noticed that if we attempted to access the project with SOLAR01 or SOLAR02, we saw error messages that indicate the roadmap was not available. That is when we started trying to use RMDEF.

Thanks and best regards,

Russ

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Russell,

Once you import a project, then you need to assign the roadmap to it. You can do this in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN txn code. Go to Scope tab >Roadmap selct option.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Good suggestion.

The proper Roadmap does not appear in the selection screen. It appears not to have been transported with the project.

Best regards,

Russ Brooks

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In such case you might have to transport the custom roadmap using RMDEF txn code to subsequent system. Once the roadmap arrive in new system, you can link the project and roadmap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. Unfortunately I'm running into the issues stated in the original post, and I'm trying to work my way through them.

Best regards,

Russ