cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post upgrade BI source client activation SP8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have upgraded my test Solman 7.01 system to SM 7.1 Sp 8.

I have gone through SOLMAN_SETUP for System preparation, Basic configuration, managed system configuration (for Sol Man system itself) mostly sucessfully.

Now I am looking into Technical monitoring (doesn't matter which subflavour). 

When I run BI setup for any Technical Monitoring I get tons of errors all boiling down to my SOLMAN ABAP client isn't activated as a source system.

I must have missed something, but I can't find a step which activates a monitored ABAP client as a BI source system!

Any ideas???

Ken Chamberlain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

You should actívate BI System manually, go to tx rsa1, it asks you to Activate and Replicate Metadata.

Check in Tx RSADMINA that your BI System is pointing to the current MANDT, if not, change it to current MANDT

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in the SM client = BI client.

RSA1 opens in modeling section with source systems selected and it dispays under BW dir the SM client = BI client.

All the other directories are empty.

It does not offer to do anything.

There is no activation icon as in ABAP workbench, so it is not obvious what to do.

.RSADMIN doesn't say much except name the ALE user... ditto in working prod SM/BI (on old release)... I use RFC NONE to get from SM client to the BI client.

RSTCO_ADMIN says installation activated successfully...

But I'm not trying to activate the BW client.

I'm trying to use the SM=BW client as a source for what used to be called IT Performance reports.

In my producion SM/BW I use production ERP and SRM clients, in this SM I just have test SM itself as an IT performance report candidate.

Regards,

Ken.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

You should see a Source System in RSA1 under Source Systems - BI which is your SAP Solution Manager system.

The technical name stated there is by default the logical system name of the Solution Manager client that is activated for BI.

Is that the case?

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly.

Regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved!

As I wasn't getting any results based on the mesage "source system <my client> is not active in this BI" as listed in job CCMS_BI_SETUP from Technical Monitoring setup, I went back and questioned my assumptions.

Here's what I found:

- In  Basic Configuration Step 5 Confiure Automatically Item "BW setup", the green status means the "CCMS_BI_SETUP" job was scheduled sucessfully, not that said job activated all it was supposed to.

- In Technical Monitoring, System Monitoring step 2.4 Reporting settings DOES reflect the CCMS_BI_SETUP job results.

- Reruning the basic "BW setup", identified first failure as BI object 0SMD_NOEX.  This lead to note 1580108 which explained BI object 0SMD_NOEX was used in 0SMD_SM1A which had data.  The note says it is safe to delete data from that object and re-run CCMS_BI_SETUP and it will work - and it did.

Ken