cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: SAP Script Fatal Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The problem with my sap script is it can log on to all boxes except for one, in my case its box A6C.

Please help on this.

It says:

Fatal Error

Number:1000

Source: sapfewse

Description: not available

Routine: OpenSapGuiConnection

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sid.

May you can post your script code to get an overview about the structure. It´s hard to say what can be root cause w/o knowing what code is expecting. Thanks.

Br, Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

There is no code yet because in the first place I cannot log in into that particular box.

What I want to do after logging in is to record the script in excel and sap, because I am copy-pasting a lot of materials form excel to SAP.

Thank you.

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Where do you find A6C?

Can you give a little bit more details which steps you doing, which transaction you use, in which step you receive this error?

Thanks. Br, Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A6C is a SAP box, I think this is customized just for us.

But the thing is, when my access is used in a different computer, it can logged into the box and can record a sap script.

But when my access is used in my computer, in can't even logged in.

See attached image.

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Ok, I understand. A6C is an SAP System/Client in your system landscape.

You should check in this system/client if Scripting is installed under:

=> Customize local layout (ALT + F12)

=> Options

=> Accessibility & Scripting

=> Scripting

Check if Scripting is installed and tickbox set to enable Scripting for you.

Br, Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is installed...still nothing happens..

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sid,

there are a few parameters on the application server to control SAP GUI Scripting:

• sapgui/user_scripting must be TRUE to use scripting functions - in your case it is true
  • sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording if it is TRUE then it is only possible to run scripts
  • sapgui/user_scripting_force_notification if it is TRUE a notification is always displayed at the frontend
  • sapgui/user_scripting_per_user if it is TRUE you need S_SCR authority to use scripting - this parameter could be set in your case
  • sapgui/user_scripting_set_readonly if it is TRUE it is not allowed to change the state of SAP GUI

Look at the profile parameters via RZ11, it seems that scripting is generally allowed but restricted with another parameter. You can check the profile parameters also with the report RSPARAM too.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid, I'm having the same issue, did you finally get the solution? thanks.