cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap gui opens a small screen when

Former Member

Hi,

When I select a app server in the SAP GUI, the screen appears very small (shows only the Menu and tool bar) that the users have to maximize everytime they have to login. this is not consistent though. Any Issue with SAP GUI patches or Installations . We are using GUI version 6.40 Patch 18.

Thanks,

mazar24

In order for you to resolve this SAP GUI(SAPLogon pad) issue, log in to an SAP System, then do an action where the very small pop up window happens, once the small minimized kind-of window opens in the corner.

on the top of the window, there will be two buttons, try to drag the window open diagonally down from the corner, reach a certain size, stop dragging it, then click on MAXIMIZE button in that window, then close the window, then log out of SAP and close the SAP GUI application, and log back in and see if this resolves it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Dear Suchatha,

Same issue with me also, Finally i use below method to avoid this.

In SAP GUI, Create a Shortcut for the System and client, and click “Maximized”   option in “Window Size” before clicking “Finish” button, This will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever get an answer to why the SAP gui screen size is automatically resized to a very small window size.  We will have users manually resize and press X to remember the screen size but every so often the small window size returns.  Hmmm...

Former Member
0 Kudos

To correct this problem: 1) have user open a session 2) User expands window to desired size they would like window to normally open; 3) User uses the 'Close' X button in top right corner. 

In future all the window window will open in the size selected in option 2

Thks

Sandy

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If that doesn't work, you may need to update the kernel disp+work patches.

Please note that only 7.20 GUI is supported now.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/147519

Regards,

Jude

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No, this is not really an installation or patch issue.

The gui will remember the size of the window that was last opened. So in order for it to be full screen, click the log on, imediately maxiumized the window, then close the window and click the logon again. If the problem persists, maybe it is a good idea to have the lastest gui and patch. The lastest gui is 7.10, but I would suggest going with SAPgui 6.40 SP Level 23. SAPgui 7.10 is still a tad buggy.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes it helps to reset the GUI so it's not maximised or minimised. Here are the registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Window]

"Maximize"=dword:00000000

"Minimize"=dword:00000000

"Width"=dword:00000300

"Height"=dword:0000020f

"ClientWidth"=dword:000002f8

"ClientHeight"=dword:0000016b

"DynRows"=dword:00000010

"DynColumns"=dword:0000006a

"LstRows"=dword:00000016

"LstColumns"=dword:00000069

"ToolbarHeight"=dword:00000022

"ScrollbarWidth"=dword:00000011

"WindowPlacement"=hex:2c,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,\

ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,6c,00,00,00,96,00,00,00,6c,03,00,00,a5,02,00,00

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich,

When i last opened, the window was maximized. But when I shut down and log back in , t doesnt remember the size of the window. Instead it gets a default minimized window.

sujatha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John ;I have several users reporting this issue. I have nt tested your registry changes. But how Do I do it several users even if it works.