Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User for Managed Systems Configuration Administrator

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Configuration Managed Systems Configuration / 3. Connect Managed Systems,

SAP Solution Manager Administrator and Managed System Administrator are requested.

What do you generally provide?

Can I provide my userid, knowing that I change the password each 3 monthes?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

DDIC is the preferred user, since it has SAP_ALL.  But, you can use any ID as long it has enough authorizations to perform managed system configs.

Ravi

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What are the side effects when the password of ddic is changed?

Basically is this user used only during the configuration

or is it still used after the completion of the configuration?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

In step 3 the user provided for "Managed system user" is for creating RFC connections in the Managed system and it will be used only once.If this user password is changed at any point it wont affect.

And the user provided for RFC connection will be used to connect from Solman to Managed system and also Managed system to solman if these user password is changed then connection will be affected.

I would suggest you to Create a system/service user for RFC connection. system user is best.

And also you can able to create an user in managed system from this step it will create and assign the required roles automatically but make sure that the user are provide to connect to managed system is having authorization for creating user & copying roles.

Regards,

Sriram M

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Benoit,

Use a communication user with a Trusted RFC connection for avoid password issues on SAolman Managed Systems.

On trusted RFC's you don't need to specify any password and you will no have any problem if someday someone change the password for the user.

Information about trusted connection:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2010/11/29/setup-a-trusted-rfc-connection

Regards,

Luis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The recommended naming standard for IDs in the managed system is SM_ADMIN_<SID of SolMan>.

Roles assigned to this ID: ZSAP_RCA_CONF_ADMIN and ZSAP_SM_USER_ADMIN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

Generally In Managed system User we will mention : DDIC

Solution Manager User we can kept Blank or else give existing user in solman system

Regards

Ashok