cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP Native Mobile Application Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been searching about SUP and ow to develop native app and i have a question

i found out that to develop android SUP native application we do the following steps

1. create MBOs

2. make the relations between them

3. deploy app to server and database

4. generate code as android code and specify the target SDK

then comes the step of developing the android customized code

here comes the question

does SUP role ends by generating MBOs android code ? and now i will develop the native code which represents the business logic from scratch ? so the SUP role is only to connect the application to the SAP backend (server and database)

and what if i want iOS application aswell

so i will generate the code as iOS code and then start the business logic from scratch using iOS and xCode is that right ?

or i am missing something here ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

at SUP layer you can put your MBOs to cache grp depending on your requiremnt.

you can set cache policy for them.

e.g. on demand, user will request from device for the data and request will go backend for that.

scheduled: once mbo deployment is done, data will flow in SUP CDB. (cache database).

and so on.

if you are developing platform specific app, then you have to generate the code accordingly as you mentioned and start the business logic from scratch.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the assumptions you made are correct. Generally speaking the role of SUP ends after the generation of code specific to different OS.

For any mobile platforms the development in SUP is one time. Only thing you need to do is to generate separate code for different platforms after the development in SUP.

You can find sample projects in SCN itself in tutorials.

-Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much for your answer It really helped me and it proved me right because i was very confused

Now i have another question

what is the proper way to access SAP tables ?

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

Please start the new discussion for the new question so that your question will reach to large set of users.

Kind Regards,

- Amey Baisane

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

you want to access SAP system from SUP workspace?

if yes, you need to get details of BAPI(s) for MBO creation and so.

Regards,

Jitendra