Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Control based on variable not showing on iPad

Jan_van_Ansem
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BI Mobile guru's,

I am converting a report in Webi which was designed for desktop consumption to a version which is tailored for iPad consumption.

The original desktop report uses several input controls, some based on query elements but also some based on variables.

On the iPad, I can only see the input controls based on query elements.

I have looked in  all the user guides I am familiar with to see if this is intended behaviour but nowhere is it made clear that input controls on query elements behave differently on iPad than input controls based on variables.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Should I be able to use input controls based on variables for iPad reports?

Thanks,

Jan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambreen,

I have created a control from a query out of Netezza and hard coded(custom values) it to display just two values Yes or No.

This input control doesn't show up in iPad but works fine on a desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Van,

I think Bex Variables as input Controls are not supported in IPad.

Regards,

Ambreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Were you able to find out the reason behind input control (using a report variable) not visible on iPad ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can you variable as prompt in iphone/ipad for prompt. before saving report you have to mark as refresh when report open.

Thank you,

Haresh

Jan_van_Ansem
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, that explains. I can't refresh my report as I am developing without access to the original OLAP connection so I get an error message when trying to refresh.

Interesting though that the controls based on query elements just work - even though there is no OLAP connection, but the controls based on formulas don't even show up on iPad.

Bearing in mind it all works fine on my desktop but does not work on iPad I believe this is an application error?

Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you show me which error you get ?

Thanks

Jan_van_Ansem
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haresh,

Thanks for your answers so far.

I have now created a simple report based on a data source which I can access on iPad.

I again created a variable, and a control item for that variable.

Now I can refresh my report on iPad and I don't get any error messages. Still, the control is not visible on iPad - not even after refresh.

My Webi version is 14.0.5. I don't have access to the Mobile Platform server so I'm not sure what version the server is but I expect it to be reasonably up to date.

I will check for notes and log a message with SAP if no notes exist - but I guess I end up re-designing my report so it no longer uses variables for controls..... .