cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create admin accounts in SUP 2.2 SCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to create an administrator user in the Sybase Control Center? We recently installed an SUP 2.2 and now we need to create 5 admin accounts (patterned to supAdmin). I've read the guides, but the guides are all about connecting the SUP to an LDAP server. We dont have an LDAP. What I need is to create a local administrator user account.

I've found the following in page 82 of the guide Sybase Control Center for Sybase Unwired platform 2.1 (http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01092.0210/doc/pdf/sup_sybase_contro...😞

Registering a Domain administrator user
A platform administrator can add domain administrators, so these users can administer domains to which they are assigned. This process registers an administrator with the cluster, so the user can be assigned as an administrator for a domain.

Prerequisites
Craete the user entry and map the physical role to the SUP Domain Administrator logical role in the security provider repository used to authenticate administrators in Sybase Control Center (SCC).

Task
1. In the left navigation pane, click the Security node.
2. In the right administration pane, click the Domain Administrators tab and click New.
3. To configure user properties for the administrator, enter:
login Name - the user name assigned to the administrator.
Company name - the name of the organization the administrator belongs to.
(optional) Firstname
(optional) lastname
4. Click OK to register the administrator.

NEXT: Assign the domain administrator role to this user.

Where should i create the user entry and where should i map the physical role? Does anybody have a guide on how i can create this?

Please advise.

thanks!

Regards,

Chacha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chacha,

Simply go to Admin Security configuration in SCC.

Go to Authentication Tab.

Select Properties of Pre-config login Module

select all the roles to some notepad.

Then now try to create create new user in same Authenctation Tab of Admin Security Config.

give username("enduser") and password as you required.

But for roles copy all the roles which is copied in Notepad and save the configurations.

now "enduser" works almost similar to admin user.

Regards

Manjunath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

Thanks for your response. When I tried to do this, a new window popped up saying "The authentication provider already exists. Are you sure you want to add the provider?"

I did not proceed as I was afraid it was going to overwrite the existing provider for the user supAdmin.

former_member183031
Participant
0 Kudos

But you can go ahead with yes option. it will add one more admin user to your SCC.There are no issues with yes option.

Regards

Manjunath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charissma,

Please follow the below procedure:

1. Go to SCC->Security->Admin->Authentication-> select the existing Provider Type and click properties-->and note down all the roles

2. Now click on New

Select the Authentication Provider as:PreConfiguredUserLoginModule

Provide    Username = xyz (your choice)

Password = ***   (your choice)          

Roles = roles which you have note down earlier in step 1.

Click OK.

You can Validate also if you want to check whether everything works fine in General Tab.

And go to tab General and click Apply.

After this you can open SCC and try with newly created account username and password, if you are able to login that means you are fine with account.

Make Sure that you are not using the same name as supAdmin.

Please do let me know if you need more help.

Regards

Saket