cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF03

suhas_gavas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Why is that only materials which have non zero 'net value' in the result of tcode VF03 are printed when we issue print command?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

suhas,

Members have suggested to look in to the output type, requirement routines (assigned to the output types in the output procedure); in my opinion these two factors can not ascertain / determine that the line items with zero value should not be printed!

If a requirement routine is not fulfilled then that output condition type is not processed / accessed by the system. But how does a requirement make some part of the billing document to populate in the output and some part of the billing document (line items with zero net value) to not populate in the output?

I agree with Kundan, look in to the output program.

In the program you could have the required logic.

But a piece of code has to be written in the output program and for that you need the help of an ABAPer.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

suhas_gavas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone. That was of much help to me . Thanks again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas,

Only possible soln. i can see is to make an assignment of requirement routine to the specific output type in procedure. ABAPER will be smart enough to play within source code against your desired logic. Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

suhas,

From a business perspective, a billing document is used to give the customer information about what he/she has to pay.

Why would you give information about goods for which customer does not have to pay?

Side comment - Free goods in a delivery note (printout) should be included, as these are being sent to the customer.

But why in a billing document?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

In many countries (atleast where i have done my implementations) its mandatory from the tax authorities to show the goods which are being given as free or samples along with Zero tax.

For example: In India, the Invoice output is called as " Tax Invoice" in this case we have to mention each and every line item which is in billing document along with batches and other duties.

So, most of the cases its a legal requirements and few cases it may be client requirement.

Hope I answered your question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Just Check the Print Program for the same and confirm.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

There is two possibilities .

1, Please check Billing Output Procedure and check what is the requirement assigned overthere.  Requirement 61 or 62 is maintained in my system and its printing free item also.

2, What is the value maintain in pricing procedure for the "print option" for the concenrned netvalue . If if it is blank then this will not consider for printing and also there are other values to print if item is greater than zero etc...

Please check these option 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohamed,

Interesting point -

2, What is the value maintain in pricing procedure for the "print option" for the concenrned netvalue . If if it is blank then this will not consider for printing 

But if net value is blank w.r.t. print option, then whether the net value is non-zero or zero, it would not be printed.

The OP is talking about, in a sales order, only line items with zero value are not populating in the output. Line items with non-zero values are populating.

If it is the same sales order then the pricing procedure is the same. And in the same pricing procedure there can not be two values for "Print option" field.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check output type in the Billing document and find if there is any Routine assigned to it

this could be the reason

please provide your findings

regards,

santosh

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

whether its coming in print or not exclusively depends on your output type and what smartfarm and program you assigned there.you can take TANN items in invoice print also.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suhas

If the invoice (VF03) has Free goods quantity in separate line and is not printed on the output, meaning Layout has been maintained in such design, Even we have the same scenario however it is possible to make it available through development.

Thanks

Malik

suhas_gavas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Riyaz,

The output type is RD00. Can you Please let me know whether the logic for not printing is in the program associated with this output type or where else I need to look ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Output type RD00 is a standard one, If there is any customized  'Z' output type within your company then i guess that will have you desired result. However in other case you need an ABAPer to help you out in bringing your free goods line item available in layout.

Thanks

Malik

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check in the PRINT PROGRAM and simultaneously check in the Routine assigned to the Output type in output procedure

regards,

santosh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

As already suggested by many members, you have to check with your ABAPer on the print program or smart form whichever is being used for your output type. If they are ignoring the line items which has "Zero" value then you have to incorporate the logic by taking business confirmation.

BTW, you mentioned that you are using RD00 which is the standard output type. Generally, we create the "Z" output types as we have develop our own program for the printing purpose. Hence, its best practice to have your own output type and program or smart form.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.