cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Delivery Date vs. Schedule Line Date vs. Calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The Factory Calendar shows that Monday to Friday are the only working days. Now, the user created a sales order and manually entered a date that falls on a saturday. As a result, the schedule line dates were all set on saturday. Availability check is in place and stocks are available.

My question is: Why did the system proposed saturday as the schedule line date when the calendar shows saturday is not a working day? Am i correct to conclude that the manual entry in the required delivery date in sales order is the priority in determining schedule line date? Your inputs on this scenario would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Gene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though Sat is a holiday, the system will propose a CSL and confirm the stocks but the delivery would be created only the next working day. This is controlled by the factory calendar.

Now, the system confirms based on the stock availability on that day, this does not mean the delivery would be created the same day. For delivery creation the factory calendar comes into play and the lead times are calculated based on the calendar.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani and Debbie,

Thank you very much for replying on my query. I think you are right and your answers are very usefull. I am giving you full points.

Cheers,

Gene

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Gene, there is a factory calendar setting in both the plant and the shipping point. If there was inventory, ATP would check based on the calendar in the shipping point. Be sure the same factory calendar is in your shipping point as Monday through Friday and then it shouldn't promise on a Saturday regardless of the request date.

Good Luck!

Debbie