cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Insert row in tableview based on BI Input ready query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a VC Model (composite view) based on the BI Input ready query (BI Data source -> query).  I have four columns in the query (Calender year, Account code, Currency and Amount) of which amount is mentioned as Input-ready in BEx Query designer. 

I am able to change & save the amount column for the existing records through table view.  But when I try to create and save a new row in table view, system is giving the error "You cannot perform any table operations( add, copy, delete) in this query"

I have referred to the discussion How to create new records through a VC form in ... | SCN, but could not able to resolve the issue.

I am using VC Version -> Visual composer for SAP Netweaver 7.3 SPS04.

Am I missing anything related to Query design or VC forms design ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

This might be a limitation of the specific BI Data Service you are using in your scenario, and not a general issue in Visual Composer.

Are you sure this query supports insert operation?

thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Appologies for the late reply.  Now I am using VC to add rows into infocube & only changes are allowed in VC model form.  I added a BI data service to the VC model and it works perfectly to change few key figures of BI infocube.

But as soon as I execute a Planning function (Repost) from VC model to change a characteristic(key field) value (which works perferctly),  I am not able to do any changes key figures displayed in VC form.

It gives the error message "You cannot perform any table operations (add, copy, delete) in this query".

This is happening only after I execute the planning function (repost).  To my surprise, I could able to change the value from BEx Query directly.  Problem is only when I try to change the value from VC form tableview.

Is there anything I am missing which related to VC model & Planning function ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I understand that you already have seen my answer in the thread you mentioned (How to create new records through a VC form in ... | SCN)

From that thread:

"In VC, new lines can be created only if all characteristics that have to be entered for the new line are available with their “key” presentation and not with “text” only. Otherwise the message above appears. So please switch “key presentation” on in the Query wizard for all relevant characteristics.

Please remember to adjust the model after the Query Wizard finishes"

So if you have switched “key presentation” on in the Query wizard for all relevant characteristics, adjusted the model accordingly and still it does not work, I would suggest to open OSS message and we will investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Talia

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I'm not sure I have enough knowledge here, I'll say what I do know:

It sounds like trying to map data between a Table and Data input port of the Input Ready Query. It seems that the error is due to a different number of records.

A few questions:

1. Could you add a screen shot of the relevant part of the model?

2. Does the Input Ready operation work OK if you somehow refresh the data? If you need more info here adding the model screen shot will help me.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , ,

I am using key presentation for all fields. As I mentioned earlier, now I am not adding a new record directly in VC table view.  Instead, on the basis on an user action-"approve" (on each row of table view), a REPOST planning function is executed to change the value status field from "N' to 'Y'.

After approving required rows in table view, another action "Submit" is used to execute the planning command "SAVE", which create new records with Status = 'Y' in underlying info cube.

Till here everything works fine.  But after the "Submit" action, If I change any key figure value in table view directly and use an action "Save" (with planning command 'SAVE') system raises the above error message.  Same error appears even after I closing the session/logging off.

I think, I am doing something wrong with planning function, as I am able to change and save the table view records, before I execute the planning function. 

Snapshot of model is as follow.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Again, I might lack knowledge here. one thing strikes me as odd though:

When using the custom Action "save" in the Table, the Flow goes to both:

- SAVE Planning Commend, and

- C_COMP_QUERY Input Ready Query.

I would expect something like the flow:

Table -> Input Ready Query -> Planning Commend. Which means you save the recent transactions after they are made.

Same with all such flows. Does this makes sense to you?

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I changed the flow as suggested by you.  Change & Save of data works properly till I execute the planning function. 

For Example, I changed the key figure value from 100 to 110 and issue a "save" command, Infocube is getting updated properly.  But once I trigger a planning function ('Approve/Submit mentioned earlier), I am not able to change the data again (even for other rows for which planning function REPOST is not executed) , system is showing the error mentioned earlier.

But If I open the Input enabled BEx query, in BEx analyzer or transaction code RSRT, I am able to change the data.  I am facing the problem only  in VC.

Regards, Vinod

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

As Talia suggested, I think it's best for this case to open a ticket for a better analysis.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Update : I could able to resolve the issue by removing the filter (Filter is based on a key figure value of the Infocube/BEx query).  Now the error doesn't appear even after executing the planning function. 

But my requirement of filtering the rows for which planning function is executed is not getting fulfilled now.  Is there any known limitations of using filter in Visual composer tableView ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

There is no such general limitation that I'm aware of. About why this causes a problem in this specific model, I regret to say I don't know. A more dedicated investigation might help though (-;

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You are correct.  Problem was because of incorrect implementation of filter.

Issue resolved after implementing the filter at BEx query level Instead of at VC level, which create an implicit lock based on the characteristics mentioned in BEx Query filter.

Thanks for your feedback & guidance.

Regards, Vinod

Answers (0)